Rush 'n' Crush PBF race 1

…bother, I thought I could slip through between DJCT and Lordof1 but it doesn’t look as though that works. Hey ho. I’ll slide up the inside, making extra lane changes to slot in behind Marx. Arming: side bumper and flamethrower.

Round 2 order:

@Marx
Assussanni
RogerBW
Chewy77
Lordof1
DJCT

“And they’re off! Into the Flat Belvedere, it’s Komet in the lead, then X-Caliber, and the pack is close on their tails. Miss Scarlet hauls alongside Wonderbrat in the second row – sharing makeup tips, gals? … No, apparently it’s cooking tips for commentator’s liver. Team Zombie’s in the rear for now, but we’ve all seen them come back from the dead before.”

4 Likes

Oooh, I do not like being in front this early. Oh well!

Accelerate (Speed 5 Blue).
Move forward 1, Drop Mine (sorry/not sorry Roger!), move forward 1, lane shift west, continue forward rest of move. Activate remaining two systems, brace for impact (not a thing, but do it anyway).

All looks good. Over to @Assussanni.

@Assussanni asked for a die roll:
Okay, let’s see if I get this right…
Accelerate to orange 8.

3 steering dice pool 3d6: 1, 2, 4 and take the highest.
2 heat dice pool 2d6: 1, 6 for orange, no turbo points used this turn so gain heat on 1-2.

1 Like

I’ve got 8 movement with 4 lane changes:
Forward x2, right x3, forward x2, left to end in front of Marx.
I’d also like to use my mine layer to place a mine as I’m leaving the fourth space (i.e. in the same column and two spaces behind Marx).

Then use my fire extinguisher, which removes counteracts the one heat I generated this turn, and finally use my flamer on Marx.

Edit: or does using the mine layer also count against my two pieces of activated equipment for the turn?

No, the mine layer is in the bottom section, so it’s permanent equipment.

1 Like

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Flamer: range 1 so 3 dice. Does 1 heat on 1-2: pool 3d6: 3× 2

Wow, toasty!

2 Likes

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
OK, time to take chances. Shift directly up to 8. No turbo or brake.
Lane changes, max of pool 3d6: 2× 2, 5
Heat, orange zone is 2 dice, heat on 1-2 of pool 2d6: 2, 6

Left, forward, right, right, right, forward, left. 5 lane changes, 8 speed, to slot in behind Marx. Arm fire extinguisher and rocket booster. Over to @Chewy77.

Nice road block. Might have to try and break it. Accelerate to 8, which should allow me to be left (and slightly behind) of @Assussanni if I count right, and have one movement left to side bump? Obviously, avoiding the mines…

OK, so you’re starting at 5 - I take it that’s up-and-right to 6 blue, then a turbo point up to yellow 8, leaving you 4 turbo points.

At which point you’ll be getting max(3d6) lane changes, and one heat die, getting a point on 1-3.

OK?

1 Like

@Chewy77 asked for a die roll:
Oh, Ok, I was working it out differently (and incorrectly :slight_smile: )

So shall I roll for my lane changes? I believe I need 6…

3d6: 6 + 5 + 1 = 12

And my heat roll

d6: 3

Looks like I managed that. So if I use the extinguisher, is it gone?

In that case I will take the heat for now.

OK, so you’re on one heat. You have speed 8 with up to 6 lane changes. That can put you to the left (on the map), right (in terms of the race) of Assussanni, and a bit behind.

Side bumper and rocket booster are ready to use; fire extinguisher and saw are not. What do you want to do with your two activations? (“Arm the other two devices” seems the obvious choice.)