[PbP D&D 5e] Recruitment and Discussion

Thanks Lucky. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I wish I was. Lucky that is. I seem to have an uncanny ability to create unintended ‘atmosphere’ wherever I go.

Yes, that pocket does that sometimes. I had these trousers enchanted to make them fireproof. They’re an experiment to give pickpockets an unexpected surprise, I like to call them ‘Great Balls of Fire’. There are still a few teething troubles to iron out though it would seem.

2 Likes

Loving the backstories! I’ll be integrating everything mentioned into the world :slight_smile:

Just waiting for @Cokho’s backstory, and @Gungeon’s rolls and backstory. No rush, everyone, this is PbP!

Not sure if @RossM and @lovvbar are still in… Also not sure if @lovvbar made it over from the old forums?

While people are catching up, think about what class your character might be, and what are their motivations in life. I am fine with any 5E class you desire, including ones from any new sourcebooks that have come out. Except maybe the Acquisitions Inc. one, and anything that has guns. Is there any class in 5e that has guns? I don’t know I don’t keep that close of an eye on it.

1 Like

Is there anything you could post/ direct us to with regards to classes please? Just so we all know what we’re talking about!

Writeup incoming, explaining the base classes as listed here:
https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Classes%20by%20Name#content
You can check out the individual pages, but they are basically just a list of abilities without context.

2 Likes

Fantastic. Thank you

Should my class be public information? And my motivation?

Sorry for the many questions

1 Like

Your class will be public, and you will share at least one public motivation (the main one that the other characters would know about you), but you may also have any number of secret motivations that you may keep to yourself, or share with me over DM!

We’ll go deeper into that once we can establish relationships with all the PCs.

It may take me a bit to type up the classes - I’m trying to bake a shepherd’s pie for the first time!

Actually, check out this article:

I think it explains things pretty well

1 Like

Will look at this tomorrow!

2 Likes

Ross

4d6: 5 + 5 + 3 + 3 = 16
4d6: 3 + 3 + 3 + 5 = 14
4d6: 3 + 3 + 2 + 5 = 13
4d6: 1 + 6 + 4 + 6 = 17
4d6: 3 + 6 + 2 + 4 = 15

2 Likes

De - Human Ranger - Her/She

De has always been one with a rebellious streak, to be part of a select few she abandoned her family.

Now, she pushes against the privilege she embraced, going on long, solo expeditions to bring back natural wonders and stories for Shikka.

Dark of hair and humour, she always projects an aura of distance…

2 Likes

(You’re a dice roll short - need your 6th stat)

2 Likes

Just realised!

4d6: 5 + 4 + 5 + 2 = 16

3 Likes

13,11,11,16,12,14 (Not Bad)

3 Likes

If it’s ok to have another in the party, then Salazar is a Ranger.

He’s looking to get back to the top table and knows this is probably the last chance.

2 Likes

(There is a huge amount of scope for what a ranger is as well!)

1 Like
2 Likes

Poot has split his time at the Palace between his first love of inventing, and his new training to become a Wizard.

3 Likes

Moran is the 6th son (he/him) of a 15 child family. He had a happy childhood, and still has lots of good memory of playing with his brothers and sisters in his relatively small but still comfortable family house. His parents are a loving couple, his mom is an orc who has moved to Hurshanu in the prospect of opening a café serving orc delicacy, most of them people do not even knew existed ! Moran’s father met her once when he was delivering milk, and they started living together soon enough. They both wanted lots and lots of kid, and they definitely succeeded.

Most of Moran’s routine was dictated by either school, caring for his younger siblings, or tending to the goats his father was raising. He also sometime helped with the café, but if he was, he usually was behind the counter doing cooking or dishes. Moran, is… not very good with people. Not mean, not stupid, not asocial, but just not very comfortable.

When he was not doing any of those things, he was listening to his grandfather,(the father of his father) count many stories about the Royals. He became enthralled with the older times, the glory of the adventures happening in Shamasu-Tashilt; the amazing power of the crystals… He kept begging his grand-dad to tell more stories, and the old man kept telling them (or, often, making them up).

As he grew up he decided to train as best as he could to be able to join the court of one of the Etellu; and to be able to listen to the stories at first hand. One day, he realized that after so much playful brawling with his family; he actually was not so bad at fighting; and he decided that would be his way in. When entering the tournament (with Lucky? It could be interesting if we met there or entered together! But that is for later when we decide relationship I think), he was able to rank high enough to be accepted into Shikka’s court.

Living no longer in the shadow of the impresive and awe-inducing castle (where his home was located, in the plaza just near the south wall) but inside it is an amazing experience. Getting to know Shikka as he became adult and listening to more plausible (but still amazing) stories has helped Moran have a more distanced, but still very administrative, posture toward the Etellu.

As he is quick on his feet, and able to do some acrobatics, he spent most of his adolescence in the fighting room of the castle, learning martial art from an elven master. He took some of the traditional techniques from the Etellu and adapted them for his more sturdy frame. He is very lucky to still have his family close by, and regularly goes to the café to spend time with them, when the opportunity arises.

4 Likes

(Moran is a Half-Orc Monk)

3 Likes

Dice roller, cool! Will have a read of setting, do my rolls and have a think on background.

Gungeon tolling 2 sets.

Set 1:
4d6: 2 + 5 + 1 + 3 = 11
4d6: 6 + 4 + 3 + 5 = 18
4d6: 5 + 6 + 5 + 2 = 18
4d6: 4 + 2 + 6 + 2 = 14
4d6: 6 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 18
4d6: 1 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 10

Set 2:
4d6: 5 + 5 + 1 + 3 = 14
4d6: 6 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 13
4d6: 1 + 2 + 6 + 5 = 14