[PbP] - Brass Lancashire

Play 1 cotton mill to build mill in Bolton (£14) taking coal from Oldham.

Play shipyard and sell cotton from bury and Bolton to elesmere. (Fully expecting a one good to one port rule here. So may be scuppered?).

After consultation with my lawyer I’ll flip both ellesmere and Liverpool.

1 Like

Play Preston to build mill for £16 + £2 iron, coal from Rochdale(!) Oldham.

Discard Manchester to sell cotton to Lancaster Liverpool.

@Chewy77

I use a Lancaster card for a loan of £30

I use an Iron Works card to overbuild my Factory in Preston (£7, I believe) using that coal from Oldham, or do I need to use mine from Rochdale first?

Edit: Thanks Benkyo, I had missed how the Oldham coal was used. Rochdale it is.

@Captbnut

Use Oldham card to overbuild coal mine (£7) - in Brass Birmingham I would get the income boost from the overbuilt mine, but no end of round scoring, I assume that’s the same here?

Edit: changing second action
Use Preston card to develop a port and a cotton mill (1 iron from @Chewy77 in Preston (tile flips), £1)

What I’ve seen on playthroughs is that you do get the new coal, the new income if flipped, but you lose the initial VPs for the lower category building replaced.

1 Like

That’s right. Although to be pedantic I hadn’t scored the points for the flipped tile yet, so I don’t ‘lose’ them

3 Likes

Yes, but if level 1 was say 5 points, and level 2 say 7, you would have scored 12 building them separately, and now you will only score the 7…

2 Likes

Ok so after further legal advice it has been brought to my attention, I can’t count.

Play shipyard and sell cotton from bury to elesmere.

Play Burnley and build coal in burnley.(£7)

Don’t think that mucks up anyone’s follow on moves sorry.

1 Like

Burnley isn’t on the network I’m afraid

1 Like

You can play a location card to build in that location, even if it isn’t on your network.

1 Like

Does it not have to be on the network at all? I thought you couldn’t just plonk things down anywhere and it had to be connected somehow? I’ve been playing this game wrong :woman_facepalming:

The industry cards need to be on network the city cards can be off network.

Don’t start me on playing wrong. Doh!

Crumbs, if I’ve got that wrong for Brass Birmingham as well then every game we’ve played has been wrong. Bugger

Oh bollocks

1 Like

It is the same for Birmingham I’m afraid.

It’s what makes the city cards useful otherwise they’re kind of harder to use versions of the industry ones.

1 Like

Yep.

I suppose access to coal means it’s not a completely different game I’ve been playing.

Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhh

2 Likes

I found that confusing initially too. Sorry my mistakes did not serve as a lesson there for everybody else…

3 Likes

Whose turn is it, btw?

@Whistle_Pig s turn.

(Then it will be Geebizzle’s, if I’m following correctly)

The board after @Benkyo’s turn. I’ll update again once I’ve heard back from @Chewy77 about his cards.

1 Like