PBF Roads & Boats "A River Runs Through It" cooperative puzzle

Just to confirm, “breed donkeys in the pasture” here means moving two donkeys to 3-3? They cannot breed where they are, because of the building materials in 2-3.

Oh, we start with 3 donkeys, right?

I was thinking, send two to 3-3 for breeding. The other one takes 1 lumber to 2-2 to build a woodcutter

That’s exactly what I mean

Additionally, I think we should start thinking about where we are going to build everything.

I’ve pre-filled in all the obvious stuff. If we want to go for Stock Certificates as our primary objective, it basically limits us to the following. I doubt it will come up, but when researching a rowboat factory, you may optionally upgrade a raft factory if there is a transporter present.

Building Terrain Type Tile
Woodcutter forest 2-2
Quarry rock 1-3
Mine #1 mountain 1-4
Mine #2 mountain 1-1
Oil Rig sea doesn’t really matter
Papermill any land
Sawmill any land
Mint any land
Stock Exchange any land
Raft Factory any shore

I’d go for a second woodcutter, as opposed to a second mine and research the extra shafts.

That would work better for using donkeys in future turns if we go for the breeding first strategy

New Poll!

• Breed and build woodcutter
  • Breed and build quarry
  • Build woodcutter sawmill and quarry

0 voters

If we go with 1 shaft with a restart, it will take a minimum 9 turns to generate 6 gold. That would mean, at most, producing 1 stock and 1 coin.

I was thinking about how we could forgo the oil rig in favor of a coal burner… but being able to leverage the sea space for a building is just too good; that is, unless we think we could do everything without rafts (and possibly compensating with a wagon factory instead)

We’ve also got to get to irrigation which means adding 16 goods to the market, which if timed right gives us another, what 40wp?

1 Like

16 goods won’t cut it. To build and use the buildings on desert, you’ll have to get to irrigation with less than 20 neutral bricks on the wonder. Don’t forget the mint can only produce one set of coins per turn.

1 Like

(More than 16 goods. Hence my argument for two woodcutters. Logs is the best way to increase the amount of products we have and we can use them for rafts and paper and stock certificates.)

1 Like

Oh, yeah. I remember why my brain caught of fire last time I tried to optimize solo play. You’d have to have Stock Exchange built on turn 19, and the mint no later than turn 17, which means, likely, getting 22 goods squished into wonder bricks by turn 16

To clarify, I’m trying to restrict my comments to factual corrections and clarifications, I’m not intending to comment on approaches or make suggestions. If I comment, it’s because I think someone less plugged in to the discussion might have difficulty following it.

3 Likes

The definition of me at most points :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think we might have lost @Captbnut, @Whistle_Pig, @lalunaverde, and anyone else who expressed an interest…

1 Like

I’m still following and learning, I’m just very busy

3 Likes

Likewise! I plan to read up on the rules at the weekend.

2 Likes

We can certainly wait for people to read rules.

1 Like

We do seem to have the votes needed to proceed now?

1 Like

Start of Turn 2, after primary production.

No secondary production, so you need to decide on movement and building, if any.