PBF for Twilight Imperium Discussion

Player order will be: (determined by highest dice roll)
@GeeBizzle
@COMaestro
@Captbnut
@Marx
@Whistle_Pig
@GabrielH

Substitutes may choose in place of those they replacing (if not yet chosen). We’ll address that as needed, but for now in player order please provide a name and your faction you’d like to play. Then in reverse order you will choose your starting location.

1 Like

Sorry @Whistle_Pig I think I will stay on standby if that is OK with you, I am already on a PBF game of Oath and that is enough for me with all the work we are having these days. Thanks a lot for the offer.

@Whistle_Pig @Chewy77
Perhaps you both can be one faction… that way one is the backup for the other. Perhaps you can converse among each other to pick a faction agreeable with you both? That would be really helpful.

1 Like

I really don’t have the mental bandwidth at the moment, sorry.

Ok. No problem. We have a replacement. Thank you.

1 Like

Well, looks good on a computer.
File size might get too large with all the game pieces?

Then again… perhaps not… still able to upload…

2 Likes

I’ve made some modifications to the image upload limits (originally for @Benkyo’s Oath game).

3 Likes

Thanks for the support Roger =)

(also, image file size doesn’t really change with “number of pieces”)

4 Likes

@GeeBizzle Pick your race… when you have a moment, of course! But I’m excited!

1 Like

Will be browsing and picking in the next hours. In the middle of trouncing a 5 year old at smash brothers.

2 Likes

Did I hear you say “Winnu”?

Brave choice, not sure I’d pick them, but good on you for accepting the additional challenge!

(I’m joking, obviously… plus, maybe the Winnu are actually good now!)

2 Likes

LoL… very funny!
(you have not seen the Winnu in action with Ti4)??
(they used to have a 50% win rate, until players realized how nasty they are and they make sure to neutralize them quickly!)

1 Like

The Winnu? Yeah, the Winnu were awful in TI4 (apparently PoK has fixed them, but I haven’t seen it yet). Their racial “power” relies on:

1. Getting to Mecatol Rex first otherwise it’s completely wasted, and
  2. Getting 1 free starbase at, arguably, one of the worst systems to build a starbase (Metacol Rex).

Mecatol, Metacol… I can never remember which.

Plus their Flagship is uninspiring (I would say “bad”), and their racial techs are weak…

Are you sure you’re not thinking about the Yin? The Yin are rock-solid, upper-tier. The Winnu? Weaksauce.

I think I’ll go for the mentak coalition sounds like they may be an easier choice for a beginner like me.

Also space pirates.

1 Like

Mentak Coalition are a lot of fun. A solid choice! Plus super annoying if you can find a system that’s basically worthless but near a lot of other players (“Trade deal? I’ll take one, thank you very much…”)

@COMaestro, your turn to choose your fate!

1 Like

1 Like

Also, please choose your color. (when you choose your faction)

1 Like

I will play the Yssaril Tribes, and if @GeeBizzle doesn’t mind, I would like the color Green.

@Captbnut to choose.

2 Likes