PBF for Twilight Imperium Discussion

Oh yeah! lookin good!

(the hexagon siding of the systems is minor and do plan to fix that. But the ship and unit icons look great.)

1 Like

These are some good learning to play videos.

2 Likes

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! I love TI4!

3 Likes

Factions would be chosen by player order.
(yes, using Prophecy of Kings expansion)
And we would be using the preset maps.

Any other info needed?

Is there a video that covers the expansion content?

I think most of the videos already discuss them. Mainly there is exploring planets and able to gain relics.

Oooohhhhh, nice. I am not playing as I have never played it, but I will keep peeking.

1 Like
  • I would prefer a 3 Player Game
  • I would prefer a 4 Player Game
  • I would prefer a 5-6 Player Game
  • I would perfer a 7-8 Player Game
  • Does not matter! I just want to play!

0 voters

1 Like

Iā€™m interested, have never played TI4, but have done TI2 a few times. So I may not be up to speed with optimal decisions, if thatā€™s a concern :sweat_smile: Definitely curious how this works as a pbf, as Iā€™d never be able to do this irl.

1 Like

Iā€™ve played TI2 (and TI1 way back in the day), and youā€™ll get a lot of it. Combat is intrinsically slow and messy (by design), the tech tree makes a lot more sense, and the races are all far more distinct now.

Oh, and the ā€œflowā€ of the game has improved remarkably. Harder (albeit not impossible) to wipe out an enemy, but the emphasis has shifted away from combat as of TI3 and into TI4.

Youā€™ll be fine, if youā€™d like to play! No pressure, though, obviously!

1 Like

I am considering joining, if the numbers are not crazy (like 8 or so), so I will be on reserve it that is all right. I have been wanting to play TI for a long time. I will do some watching tonight just in case, thanks for the video links.

1 Like

Right, I watched the ā€œ32 minute rulesā€ (really good video with a nice entertaining teaching style).

Surprised how much crossover their is with Star Wars rebellion.

Are we adopting the promissory notes?

2 Likes

Yes, will be using promissory notes.

4 Likes

Cool, they sounded like an interesting negotiating mechanic.

1 Like

Okay. Getting there but still not quite ready. However, to save me time in not having to scan in all 24 factions, Iā€™m going to go ahead and assign the 6 players who have shown an interest to play and they will be my initial players for the very first game of Ti4 for Discourse!

Please understand myself as well as the other players would prefer some dedicated gamers who will constantly monitor the game and provide their inputs/moves as required. We would really not prefer players who only check their emails ā€œoccasionallyā€ or ā€œrarelyā€. This is a very intense game and many of you know how long an ā€˜in-personā€™ gaming session could last with 6 players!

The way we will do it; after the 6 players have confirmed their acceptance (liking this post is sufficient), they will all have random die rolls and players in turn order will choose what faction they will choose. That will help me in only having to prep 6 factions rather than all 24 :slightly_smiling_face:
The players are:
@COMaestro @GeeBizzle @Captbnut @GabrielH @Whistle_Pig @Marx

standby players:
@Chewy77

If you have any questions feel free to ask away. If you want to see a sample of my posting style and how I like to host a game, you can take a look at the current game of Clash of Cultures going on now. If you are listed as a player and you donā€™t really want to participate but just watch, that is fine just let us know. But be forewarned it might be a very long time before another game is started here. This method of playing is really nice if you love a lot of time making your decisions while playing. I think this will be a really cool and involved game! We shall see if I can keep up!

5 Likes

@Delwayne I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to be as engaged as you want for this game, so perhaps @Chewy77 would like my spot instead?

Sounds good to me! Just a heads up: until about January 3rd, Iā€™ll only be able to check the thread two or three times a day (usually around 9am and 9pm EST), since I work 7 days a week during that period.

I hope thatā€™s okay! If not, let me know and Iā€™ll (sadly) step aside. Looking forward to the game otherwise!

1 Like

That is fine. As a minimum we ask a person to at least check in once a day would be great. Otherwise, let us know they will be away and/or many times players can send me their intended movements/actions ahead of time. That will assist to keep the game goingā€¦

1 Like

Okay, weā€™ve got almost everyone still interested. Iā€™m going to roll the dice for player order, and then Iā€™ll need time to prep the factions chosen. Iā€™ll still need a few more daysā€¦ seems some of the system disks need graphic editingā€¦

2 Likes

@Delwayne asked for a die roll:
6d100: 92 + 95 + 83 + 27 + 76 + 81 = 454