“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

From the series I started last winter.

• Sidereal Confluence—my favorite because it is so pretty
  • Terra Mystica—horrible flat blue inifinities
  • Reykholt—washed out details but fun
  • Cooper’s island—had the best ark because I never ran into a moment where I had to rely on shape alone to fit pieces for more than a dozen or so. The colors are varied, everything has texture and there are some clear lines to get started.

I’ll do the last one soon (Feast for Odin)

6 Likes

I’m currently still slogging my way through this Villainous jigsaw.

There’s so much green :sob:

6 Likes

I now want a uke for imagination Christmas.

For certain it will be this holiday’s Furby or tickle me Elmo.

2 Likes

That’s one of those sentences from a phrasebook, isn’t it?

I have never knowingly craunched a marmoset, honest.

4 Likes

“Jack, you have debauched my sloth!”

4 Likes

My mum found a spare copy of Azul under a bed. I feel this might go the way of Pillbox and Roads and Boats

3 Likes

Hmm, how many Azuls does it take to equal one Roads & Boats? About eight?

1 Like

Weight or Size?

1 Like

Well, we know it can’t compare on content =P

But apparently it is about 1/3 the weight and has a far bigger box than I remember, to come in at about 2/5 the size.

1 Like

I have ~1.5 copies of Azul as I was sent replacement tiles for nearly all the colours.

2 Likes

I don’t own it anymore, but at times CaH produced great results. (I was just sorting photos in Lightroom and came across this one)

edit: just half a screen down, a real historical “document”… an image of my first ever game of Spirit Island, getting taught the game at Pegasus booth at SPIEL 2018:

10 Likes

Nice one, a real 3 player contest! Those are rare!

3 Likes

Sorry. If you’re buying just one item from me and it’s international shipping, you ain’t getting a discount. Jesus Christ. Ranty rant rant.

6 Likes

I’ve been looking at a lot of graphs recently. (Because of things that are generally happening.)

Anyone got a good graph?

3 Likes

How about a few of my favourite pie charts?

5 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

(from Spurious Correlations)

7 Likes

Found on Twitter
“Hot news! #WingspanAsia is a stand alone 1/2 player game!”
Presumably they meant 1 or 2 players. I am now wondering about the design issues of 0.5 player games. Is the starting player token smaller? Or is it more of an RPG character trait like half player / half orc?

6 Likes

I feel like ‘0.5 players’ may be a more apt description of what I’ve heard called nullitaire games (games where the play just runs bots competing against each other).

If we divide the role of a player into two components:
A. the agent that makes decisions
B. the agent that updates the board state

Then perhaps we could say a 0.5 player game is one where the game updates itself (seems unlikely!?) or there are no decisions to make and the player is merely the engine to move pieces to where they need to be.

4 Likes