Oath PBF companion thread, for rules questions and the like

If you do that, the bandits will use the keep in defence.

Instead, you could keep the keep as a face down adviser, campaign against the bandits, then play the keep.

1 Like

Fixed, thanks

That was fun, once I overcame some of my initial confusion / stupidity. Congrats @Lordof1 and thanks @Benkyo.

Although there is an element of king making the legacy part mitigates this. The countdown of rounds works well too, I think everyone apart from the chancellor had the possibility of a win in this round and in the last few rounds their was a risk of a runaway winner.

2 Likes

The Oath chronicle will (hopefully) continue.

Who is interested for game 2?

@Lordof1 @Whistle_Pig @GeeBizzle @COMaestro @Chewy77 @yashima @RogerBW

It’s beautiful, but not for me - thank you.

1 Like

I would be happy to step aside and let someone else have a go at the Blue Exile.

1 Like

I am in please.

I feel like I actually understand and it’s making sense, which is usually when I get smacked in the face with a fringe case rule.

1 Like

Interesting, is the hinterland always randomly drawn?

Not explicitly. All the preserved sites get moved up towards the cradle, unless an edifice gets ruined - such a site would move to the bottom of the hinterland. Remaining empty sites are redrawn, and any region without a face-up site gets the top one flipped.

So it is likely that the hinterland is mostly new.

1 Like

As a flavour note: remember that the exiles are supposed to represent archetypes, rather than specific people. Folk lore heroes, maybe, or legendary roles that opportunistic leaders assume.

Mechanically, this means that players are not tied to colours. But for the sake of continuity, I think keeping “your” colour is nice (especially if you just became a citizen).

1 Like

I am afraid I have to much going on right now, but thanks for the offer, @Benkyo. I have even struggled to follow the chronicle as it is.

1 Like

I’d be up for another play

1 Like

I am up for a game.

1 Like

@Whistle_Pig @yashima Black or White? We can do first come first serve, or roll off if you both have a strong preference =P

I like Cloudy white please. Black is fine, too. My play style will adapt to the color of course.

2 Likes

Black is fine with me

1 Like

Would you also be happy to reprise the role?

If someone else wants to try I’m happy to step down for the next game.

1 Like

Would you also be happy to be the Chancellor?

(I don’t think there’s a queue of people waiting to play…)

Sure, I’ll give it a try! It’s only downhill from here

N

4 Likes