Oath PBF companion thread, for rules questions and the like

I should have read and understood what the potential visions could be. Might have made our foxy friends cunning plan easier to spot.

It was a vague plan but very badly executed by me! I had a -tonne- of advice and still needed a lot of herding on top.

2 Likes

The Empire can call on ally battleplans in defence, but not on offence.

1 Like

Can advisers be traded when Citizenship is granted?

No:

You must offer
to give them exactly one relic from the Reliquary, and you
may also negotiate a binding exchange of any number of
favor, secrets, banners, and non-Reliquary relics. You can
let them peek at any relics in the Imperial Reliquary.

1 Like

If I amass an army of 5 extra warbands on my card (& became a citizen) do I need to be at the site of the attack to allow the chancellor To draw on those warbands.

Exchanging warbands is a separate minor action. Yes, at same site.

1 Like

That about kills the last of my plans.

Are there any persistent effects of citizenship, other than starting as a citizen next game?

1 Like

Just realised that citizenship can be extended to other players at the end of the game in a non binding agreement by the usurper.

2 Likes

No, no persistent effects, other than sites ruled determining what actually persists from this game to the next. Also, promises can be made for future games.

1 Like

@Whistle_Pig @Lordof1 @COMaestro @GeeBizzle new pbf rule for communication: If you are talking to someone, please tag them in the post on the main thread. If you get tagged, please respond in the main thread, even if your response is “no comment”. Can’t have the game stalling with uncertainty on whether someone is snowed under with life or just unsure whether a response is required.

2 Likes

I make it 8 attack dice. 7 Warbands, +1 for plains.
Your defence dice are correct.

Note that other sites are also valid targets.

1 Like

Just to make sure that you understand - if the assumption is that Lordof1 will win, and will grant you citizen status, the one thing you can really do to make a difference is to control more land. Every site you control will be part of the new empire, and start next game with a warband on it, while sites that neither of you control will not.

Ah I didn’t realise that the chancellor got to control the domains that were reused next game, I thought they just got reshuffled in.

Updated post. @Benkyo

@GeeBizzle you didn’t specify, but I mustered from Welcome Party.

1 Like

It’s not overly important but just to check my understanding. Where did the favour on Arcane come from? @Benkyo

There was 2 on there after Blue’s rest (from Taming Charm), you only took 1 at the end.

1 Like

I thought there was only 1. Thanks. Just want to make sure I’m following the rules. I think most of it has sunk in.