Last game you DIDN'T buy?

I saw a really juicy copy of Iwary Deluxe KS second hand for 100 NZD and exercised a lot of self restraint there… I was close, too close…

5 Likes

Take it one day at a time.

2 Likes

Not buying Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter, despite the great sale that was mentioned on here. The write ups make it sound really interesting, but I am standing firm on my pledge to not buy a game until Ra or new Unmatched set is released!

1 Like

To be honest you might find yourself with a big box of overlap with a Wildlands game anyway. There’s more than enough to differentiate them, but there’s also some real similarities in the way the card play fuels the action. You dove hard into Unmatched already, so even with that crazy sale on Dredd I’d be wary of not getting value out of it.

You can play Iwari on BGA if you want to try it :slight_smile: It even works async, I‘ve tried it.

1 Like

Always up for Iwari!

I am terrible at the game and besides a couple of 2 player and solos, haven‘t played much. I played 1 game on BGA with a friend who didn‘t care to play again… -.- so my deluxe edition is waiting for the days of more game nights. Or rather nights of more game nights. I‘d be up for a game on BGA but definitely with more than 2 :slight_smile:

How rules heavy is it? I’ve heard good things but don’t know anything about it

I’ll give it a shot, it’s basically China/Han right?

4 Likes

Correct.

@Captbnut Below medium. You need to read and re-read the tottems. The rule of “double majority” is very specific - majority on BOTH provinces individually, not majority on both sides combined.

3 Likes

Not that bad at all.

It’s no Feast for Odin

1 Like

“Iwari Nights” sounds like a memoir.

2 Likes

Managed not to pay £90 (+£10 postage) for a nearly as-new Fortune and Glory on Ebay, which is so rarely in the UK.

Anyone know if they’re going to do a 10th anniversary edition like they did for Touch of Evil?

2 Likes

I know there are some upcoming expansions, so I would have to guess a new print run might accompany that, at the very least.

Ah, some searching on BGG suggests they’re not doing a 10th anniversary (it has 1000 components already and doesn’t need a deluxe ed) but they were planning to do a new print run last year before covid.

Didn’t buy First Rat, cool theme but on reading the rules it’s just another “collect stuff, convert to points” euro with a bit of a race tacked on

2 Likes

I had almost convinced myself that Wrath of Lychee King Pandemic was going to end my quest for a physical token for my World of Warcraft nostalgia… but then @RogerBW reminded me that IP games have–in the past more than now–been prone to… suck. So I checked the BGG comments and found enough complaints about it being too simple and badly balanced and quests just requiring “staying put and rerolling until it works” to turn myself away from a purchase. Posting here to solidify the decision even more :wink:

8 Likes

“wrath of lychee king pandemic” does sound better than what I expect the actual title is though.

2 Likes

We kept calling the Lich King “Lychee King” back then… in German those things are called “Litschi” and to make a noun “smaller” you also add an “i” and so you land at this weird conglomeration of Denglish (Deutsch-Englisch) punnery.

3 Likes

I’d been tempted by Wonderland’s War, but held off as I’m picky about Alice adaptations.

The most recent SU&SD podcast pushed me off the fence, so I went looking to buy it and found it sold out everywhere :frowning_face:

5 Likes