Last game you bought?

Personally, I prefer Earth 2.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Post-UKGE confession booth time! Cancel your appointments, Father. Iā€™ll be here all day.

Aurum - Trick taker from Pandasaurus for a tenner. Why not!?

Isle of Trains: All Aboard - got the deluxe one. I found it to be more functional with the meeple passengers. Played the original years ago and thought it was cool, but the deck is way too small. I like the player interaction here, and it seems that they made the deck thicker, which is good.

Kingsbridge: the Game - card game from Wolfgang Kramer

BIllabong - bought one for myself and for a friend in the US (they run the Hidden Gems podcast).

Bora Bora - 30 quid! Lowest I found so far. Despite the release of the Queen reimplementation, this never went down in price. @EnterTheWyvern I can bring my copy if you feel like playing it

Agra - A friend from the club was selling it for 40 but backed out afterwards. Then, I saw this one: brand new in shrink for 20 quid.

Heck Meck - A fiver for a fun Knizia filler

Coup Rebellion - another fiver for a filler

Hit Z Road - same as the two above

Noli - Okay. This one was from designers I never heard of and from a publisher that I never heard of. Itā€™s a blind auction game to take certain actions - pretty much like Rising Sun during the combat phase. 20 quid for a game to support a small timer? Sure! This is why I keep going to the Expo.

The RIch and the Good - said hi to Roger and bought this one. Originally in German as Hab & Gut. Glad itā€™s now more available.

Pax Viking - Chaos Cards, as usual, got the best prices in the Expo. Only Ā£35 - because I asked nicely.

Five Oinks - I remember them offering discounts last year and so I asked nicely if they have some this year. They said buy 3 or 4 or 5. They forgot the sign.

• Fafnir
  • Mr Face
  • Ninja Catfoot and the Covert Action
  • Durian - this I have played in the club and pretty much enjoyed it every time!
  • Tricks and the Phantom

World Splitters - auction game + area majority + area enclosure a la Through the Desert? You are speaking my language. I also had a gander at World Exchangers but was rather unimpressed with it.

Pandoria + 2 expansion - this is in my wishlist as it is a Jeffrey Allers title.

Ora et Labora - still going through Rosenbergā€™s oeuvre. So far, Nusfjord is the one that fits for my preferences. Again, it was rather cheap from Chaos Cards

Black Hole Council - Ā£3 for a Don Eskridge game? Go onā€¦

Stationfall - this is not from the UKGE. This was a trade I made before the expo.

Finally, I found the cheapest price I have seen for Glory to Rome: Black Box edition. I triple-checked it in the Bring & Buy and it is all complete.

My sales from the Bring & Buy have paid for most of these. I didnt get to sell 2 Hollandspiele titles, which are too niche, I guess. But I did sold Agricola: Master of Britain so there is an interest for Hollandspiele war games.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve already got this but Ā£40 for time of empires feels like a good price to me.

Games I bought at the expo:

Wok & Roll

Broken and Beautiful

Red Cathedral

Wingspan Asia

Turns out that 2 of my friends own Red Cathedral already. Oh well!

3 Likes

Got a few games/standalone expansions for my birthday: Vivarium, Unmatched: Teen Spirit (Ms Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Cloak and Dagger), and Marvel Villainous: Twisted Ambitions (Titania, Dr Octopus, and Kang).

4 Likes

Crash Octopus :octopus::octopus::octopus:

Tiger & Dragon - biggest Oink Game Iā€™ve seen so far.

7 Likes

2 posts in a row!? :clown_face: :clown_face: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

I bought Monuments really cheap from 365games

Someone offered Pangea Deluxe edition for a good price, ā€¦and it was in my wishlist.

Small Railroad Empires - I enjoyed Small Star Empires and itā€™s cute. So I bought this one when someone was selling it for Ā£15. I also own Small Samurai Empires. These small compact games seems like my wheelhouse.

A friend offered Hamlet Deluxe edition for 40. Fine. Ava convinced me on this one

5 Likes

Pretty minor acquisition for me:

• Tinderblox, and the Sunset set, and the Marshmallow expansion, which I think has left me with an extra copy of the core game.
  • Turing Machine from @mistercrayon, many thanks!
  • Radlands from a luminary of the business, whoā€™d just been given it in a ā€œwe hope youā€™ll love this game and sell it for us in the USAā€ sort of way but didnā€™t want to lug it back to his hotel and plane along with everything else heā€™d been given, so I owe him a review. :slight_smile:
7 Likes

I bought knit wit which seems nice as a package but itā€™ll be interesting to see what it plays like.

3 Likes

A couple of preorders, Tiger and Dragon, and Inside Job

3 Likes

Miniature Market is having a Fatherā€™s day sale and they have War of the Ring 2nd edition for just under $60, and since my family was willing to get me a gift, it will be on itā€™s way to me in the near future.

4 Likes

Finally caved and bought Evolution: New World (and the expansion so I can play solo). So my ā€˜dont buy any more gamesā€™ lies in tatters, but Iā€™m taking as a positive the fact that I didnā€™t buy any more games while I was thereā€¦!

Anyway, I hope Iā€™ll enjoy it - Iā€™ve been fancying this one for ages.

5 Likes

I can proudly say that I too have always been successful at not purchasing games during those periods in which I donā€™t purchase games. Without fail, I manage to postpone each purchase until the end of that period.

11 Likes

Because everyone has been giving it such praise and I got a bit of money for Fatherā€™s day, I now own The Quest for El Dorado.

8 Likes

Bought 1. Lorenzo il Magnifico, it was a good price, and those style of games usually go over well

3 Likes

Chaos cards having a flash sale.

Food chain magnate for Ā£60

4 Likes

Sorting high to low revealed I can buy a case of Pokemon cards for Ā£510, 216 booster packsā€¦

EDIT: FCM seems the deal. Iā€™d get it but I donā€™t when Iā€™d play it with someone who doesnā€™t own it. Also if you like Villainous then the smaller expansions are Ā£9.95 each

4 Likes

I got Quartmaster General because a) it was cheap on eBay and b) Iā€™m clearly an idiot!

3v3 team game? When the hell am I going to play that? Can I book in a table for AireCon 2024?

In unrelated news, @mistercrayon how do you feel about WW2 themed, high player count (but apparently not too long) games?

8 Likes

Bought Lorenzo il Magnifico again, was on order for a slightly cheaper price with another retailer, who, after 2 weeks, cancelled my order (without so much as an email).

4 Likes