Last game you bought?

Have a try with the 2v2 and 1v2 1v1 variants.

Obviously not the same game, but we had a good time with QMG 1914 at 5, 4, and 2 players (never tried at 3). 5 is full table. With 4, I often end up playing as the Central Powers. 2 is just Entente Cordiale v Central Powers.

=========================

Bought some old games that I’ve been looking out for: (Traders of) Genoa and Fifth Avenue from Kienda. I’m surprised that they are selling old timers like these games. They are both BNIS condition.

4 Likes

Kienda does have some weird stuff in stock. Cheap as well. I’ve been looking at Genoa for a while.

I wonder if their business started when someone found a load of unsold games in a lockup!

4 Likes

So PEOPLE POWER has arrived. Honestly, I’m feeling a bit “meh” about it. When I first learned that there was going to be an officially-produced COIN game about the Philippines, it was tentatively titled “Iron Butterfly,” and that was all the information available. Going by that intriguing title, I figured it would be about the Moro Rebellion of the early 20th century, and got fairly excited about that. It’s not a very well-known topic here in the States, but was really the first violent insurgency the USA had to face overseas. I was therefore a bit surprised to learn that it was actually a game about the rise of Cory Aquino’s “People Power” movement of the mid-1980s. I really have little interest in that particular era of Filipino history, but I still placed a P500 order, if only so I could have a complete set of games. And now it’s here. It’s fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Im hoping this to be great enough to be Cuba Libre for 3 players.

4 Likes

I was pleasantly suprised at how abrubtly the scrolling stopped on the rules PDF so I’d probably be interested.

Although I will squint suspiciously at any estimated times.

5 Likes

One of my local group likes it quite a bit

4 Likes

Excellent! It’s been playtested thoroughly prior to release, so I’m sure it’s polished. GMT doesn’t release much subpar stuff. :+1:t3:

But I’m still pining for the Moro Rebellion game! :smirk:

4 Likes

At my FLGS, while we were in the midst of our Nemesis game, we were informed that family game night had begun and if we wanted we could pay $5 to get some promo goodies. So I took a look and paid to get a baggie of promo cards for Sheriff of Nottingham (old (and better) artwork), plastic reputation markers for Star Wars: Outer Rim, and a game called Stampede.

Then, after Nemesis, my friends said we should wander over to the main store portion of the FLGS to pick out something for my birthday (plus last Christmas). I chose a few things at different price points and they let me get the most expensive one, Cthulhu: Death May Die, which has sounded pretty fun in the reports a couple of people have written here.

Good day today.

11 Likes

Cthulhu DMD is the most fun you’ll have punching Cthulhu in his big, stupid, face

6 Likes

So my actual birthday was Sunday, and I was presented with Taverns of Tiefenthal: Open Doors expansion, Targi, and Maquis. Haven’t played any of them yet, but that’s pretty standard for me.

11 Likes

Targi is a great little game.

6 Likes

Bought Tuned and Fire & Stone. The latter is a clearance from ZATU and it’s an area majority that I have a slight interest to. Sounds like a good opportunity to try it. It’s cheaper than Tuned which is a small box game.

6 Likes

With some birthday money, I purchased Resist!, as it sounds good, and I guess I am a bit interested in games about the Maquis, despite being different ones! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My Kickstarter copy of Floating Floors arrived today. I saw this during one of the AwSHUX presentations and thought it looked fun, so backed it when the KS came up. Hopefully I get to play it sometime soon.

6 Likes

Picked up the latest Marvel Unmatched box - Brains and Brawn (She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Dr Strange), as well as My Gold Mine.

1 Like

I threw Brains and Brawn in with my Tales to Amaze! order, which got a bit delayed, so I probably won’t have it until late Sept/early Oct :frowning:

2 Likes

Tiwanaku, was on sale, and I’ve been looking at it, always keen for new deduction games

1 Like

I finally got my replacement Outer Rim Unfinished Business expansion.

I say “finally” because I had one when it initially released, but I gave it to one of the regular customers who missed it, figuring we would get a reprint in 2, maybe 3 weeks.

It was well over a year.

7 Likes

Desperation, which is actually two games. And they are more rpg games (or maybe you would call them rpg light?). Described by the publisher as dark, lyrical games about people pushed far past their limits. Sounds like fun! Particularly mentions that if you liked For the Queen, you will like this. My group played FtQ, we liked it, without going nuts over it. Well, I think they liked it.

1 Like

I visited FLGS the other day for my birthday-tax as I do every year. I always buy a game for my birthday at FLGS. Tipperary was a recommendation from @lalunaverde and when I told the FLGS guy that it came with a recommendation he said „So you like tile laying games?“

Then we talked about how Dorformantik was always going to win SdJ and the other two were only alibi nominations and that Planet Unknown was always not going to win because it is too expensive

PS: my learning game of Tipperary and today I lost against my partner :slight_smile:
PPS: birthday is next week. But I have so many plans for that week-end I doubt I have the time to go buy myself presents

11 Likes