Last game you bought?

Ok, I bought Jenga, but only because I want to play Dread

7 Likes

Today’s arrivals. Letter Press was more or less an addon to make shipping costs or because I could, I don’t remember. I’ve been waiting for the other two for a bit and can’t wait to try the new solo for Beyond the Sun.

11 Likes

Leaders of the New Dawn is down for a June release here, I’d be interested in what you think.

Especially as it’s near the price of a whole new game.

4 Likes

I just received this. It was designed by Sebastian Bae, professor of war gaming at Georgetown University, and one of the many fascinating acquaintances I’ve met in my war game mania. The game was originally meant for use by the Krulak Center at the USMC University, but interest was high enough that he decided to offer it commercially via the Dietz Foundation. I bought two copies; one for me, and one as a gift for an O-6 friend of mine who has a staff position dealing with strategic policy regarding the very topics covered in the game.

12 Likes

I love this, I get ‘this is my niche of the hobby’ vibes out of stuff like this

4 Likes

I can’t help it. This is all I can think of:

7 Likes

Ordered Unmatched: For King and Country from Restoration Games’ online store. I know it costs me a bit more in the long run, but I just like having the game before retail, and the foil card they give as a bonus are pretty nice looking.

4 Likes

Christ that made me laugh

3 Likes

I think they mean FIGGERATIVE COMMANDER.

6 Likes

It’s Camel Cup all over again…

3 Likes

You aren’t the first. :laughing:

3 Likes

Joking aside, what does “Littoral” mean?

4 Likes

I looked it up, coastal

4 Likes

What @raged_norm said. In this case it refers to coastal operations by land, air, and/or seaborne task forces. To bring it into the real world, a PRC invasion of Taiwan is one of the possible scenarios.

3 Likes

I didn’t know you had it in English. Another word I can pull directly from Spanish and look all knowledgeable and stuff… like with potable water

2 Likes

L’as des jeux, our FLGS, had a big ol’ garage sale today. Tons of games at 20-70% off to make room for new stock. We stood in line for over an hour to get in (which is a testament to how good Maryse’s back is doing now, holy crap!), but we had a very nice haul:

Almost all of it was over 50% off. The only exception was Renature, which was “only” 33% off.

None of those games were on my “to-buy” list, but they come well recommended and they were really cheap, so…

13 Likes

Yellow and Yangtze is really good, looks like a great haul

3 Likes

Boardgame birthday haul for the win …

15 Likes

Had a little splurge at the FLGS’ Bring and Buy sale.

Quadropolis
Wavelength
Skull
Cockroach Poker
Air, Land and Sea
Love Letter

9 Likes

When filling out my Backerkit info for Unmatched: Tales to Amaze, they allowed add-ons of any sets they have in stock, but also the Marvel: Brains & Brawn set, which is not available yet. It has Doctor Strange, She-Hulk, and Spider-Man. I mean, how do you NOT get Spider-Man? So that will be coming as well, sometime in August, I believe.

5 Likes