Last game you bought?

A large box arrived yesterday (which I did not order), which turned out to contain Cuba Libre and Mage Knight. Mage Knight does not even slightly fit in a Kallax cube…

9 Likes

I thought you owned Cuba Libre already?

1 Like

No, we were playing a friend’s copy at Airecon.

2 Likes

Mage Knight certainly does. Mage Knight silly-box-edition doesn’t.

3 Likes

Traded and purchased these. Designed by Grandpa Tresham himself. The title belongs in the same branch as 1862: East Anglia, 18GB, and 1860: Isle of Wight. They all descended from this

8 Likes

It is indeed the silly box edition:

5 Likes

For comparison, this box contains everything that box does.

8 Likes

Not as much air I bet.

5 Likes

Maybe if it’s compressed… Is there a loud pffft sound each time you open the box?

2 Likes

Calimala and a couple of new decks of cards arrived today.

8 Likes

I always think I should get a really nice set of decent quality cards

1 Like

The blueprint ones fanned

I adore this King. This set is monochrome, which is a bit odd but the design is really cool.

Got them from kingofcards.com

5 Likes

That seems like a dangerous website…

3 Likes

It’s sooo pretty!! :heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes

I recommend at least having a good quality deck to play card games with. YMMV, but cheap decks really can feel like utter rubbish by comparison with a decent one.

Art decks are a lovely thing, but then there’s always the question of whether you are willing to risk tainting them by playing games with them :‍) You could always buy two, of course…

I was rather taken with this design the last time I bought some nice cards:

https://elephantplayingcards.com/products/starry-night

and also this deck:

5 Likes

Have you got a link to the pocket crib board please? That’s going on my birthday list

2 Likes

There are loads of mini/travel sets around. Depends on how much you want to pay! That does look like a nice one tho

2 Likes

https://www.houseofcribbage.com/travel-pocket-size-cribbage-boards.html

3 Likes

While escaping the house for a short bit yesterday, my wife and I stopped by our FLGS to look around. Saw Chronicles of Crime on the used shelf for $14.99 and I have heard good things, so picked it up. Even better, I had $5 in rewards points which were expiring at the end of the month (as the program is being discontinued), so it only cost me $10 in the long run.

4 Likes

I have a promo for a case that I already had from the Kickstarter if you want it? I can send you an image of the qr code if you like.

2 Likes