Last game you bought?

I know about Small Islands only from @cornishlee (whose copy I bought), and I’ve played once or twice on BGA. I’m always surprised that it isn’t better known.

1 Like

Order your Osprey Games games soon:

5 Likes

I’m slightly confused by the Fender Strat that isn’t a Fender Strat.

3 Likes

It’s a Rock Band guitar. I could have also titled this ‘a study in obsolescence’.

7 Likes

Hey, we still play Rock Band from time to time!

4 Likes

I dusted off my old Rock Band/Guitar Hero gear, some of it still worked

3 Likes

For anyone like me, who basically gave up on pop culture around the millennium, this seems really strange: Rock Band - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Think of it like karaoke, but giving people other than the singer something to do to participate.

3 Likes

I bought something called dungeons and dragons the yawning portal. It seems kind of like a fun back and forth thing.

4 Likes

It’s heeeeeeere! :grin:

7 Likes

Well, I didn’t buy them, but my wife got me Star Wars: The Deckbuilding Game which she added on to an order to qualify for same day delivery, which the game ended up not being part of, but she still got it for me anyway. Love my wife.

Then she surprised me with Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 for Easter, which had been on a really good sale. Now we just need to get through S1…

4 Likes

I bought distilled. I want to play this game! I want to make an accidental poo flavour brandy.

5 Likes

Oh, going for some Ttongsul?

1 Like

That seems more intentional than in the game. In the game when you age your drink it aquires flavour which is random and unknown until you taste it afterwards. I think most of them are classic “honey” and “wood” kind but there is one manure flavour too.

4 Likes

Tiny Turbo Cars, which I only heard about today. And there was only one left! I’m not made of stone…

5 Likes

Parade - sadly not the lovely purple version so it isnt as nice to look at but still a great little game.

Also Thurn and Taxis for cheap off a mate. I played it once during lockdown on BGA and enjoyed it. Lets see if it holds up

7 Likes

Well done for getting Thurn and Taxis. I’ve really enjoyed it on BGA but it seems nigh on impossible to get

3 Likes

There were several on BGG when i was looking

3 Likes

This just arrived. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Have the predecessor. It’s perfect as a ‘take that’ game for those who like to form grudges. As some of my groups grudges have been formed over 30 years it suits us. It can be overlong though if playing all 4 ages, so do as the designer suggests and set a time limit!

4 Likes