Last game you bought?

And, presumably, a stick.

5 Likes

Hopefully not 100 sticksā€¦

3 Likes

Well, this is the perfect stick for game 72ā€¦

4 Likes

Not kidding: #72 is titled ā€œA good stick is hard to findā€ :ā€)

6 Likes

Have just late pledged for Yokai Septet. Klunded this on BGA but could see there was a decent game there. I feel like Iā€™m morphing into @lalunaverde with my love of trick takers

6 Likes

That stuff is infectiousā€¦ next youā€˜ll start playing train games and before you know it youā€˜ll be splottering along the highway to lunaland :wink:

7 Likes

I meant o post an update here of all my recent acquisitions / late arrivalsā€¦ I would like to note that I have played all of these, some twice already except the ones that are ā€žjust expansionsā€œ (Furnace + Moonrakers, but I have played the base games):

This is what happens when the traffic jam on the shipping lanes begins to resolve. Only 2 were non-crowdfunded.

To add to this today I pre-ordered:

• Dune Imperium 2nd Expansion (German Edition is due in April)
  • Beyond the Sun 1st Expansion (supposed to be out in a few weeks or so)
  • Letterpress, because you peopleā€¦
13 Likes

After playing it on the weekend, I decided I needed Loopin Louie in my life. Got the Buzz Lightyear version.

9 Likes

Just picked up a copy of Scout at my FLGS after playing it at Airecon.

9 Likes

Vajazzle, you mean?

4 Likes

It will always be Vajazzle to me.

4 Likes

For the Queen, another easy to play RPG

1 Like

I picked up a 2nd edition Regicide because the new box is baller.
I picked up an Ice Cool 2 because I love that stupid game.
I picked up the whole set of Ironsworn: Starforged because Andy has gotten into single player RPGs, and this way we can play in parallel! And because a buddy did a fantastic podcast based on his experiences with Starforged.

I also picked up 2 Star Wars Legion models (Casian Andor and K2-S0) because I am this close to being fully painted for Legion and we canā€™t have that.

Iā€™m not actually that close (probably a month of solid work?), but I have wanted an Andor to go with my Jyn for a while. Also, Rebels are getting Ahsoka before Republic is, so it looks like Iā€™m officially both a Rebel and a Republic player. Means picking up a unit of Rebel Vets (technically Iā€™ll need 2), but thatā€™s a way future problem.

7 Likes

Captains Log, Shogun No Katana, Hamlet, & Port Royal (Big Box).

3 Likes

A friend bought me Tuscany EE for my birthday, to go with my Viticulture EE box. Must play it more!

3 Likes

Have finally unpacked in my house and display the three stages of obsession.

Gloomhaven

Frosthaven

Sentinels of the Multiverse: everything ever from everything edition

16 Likes

In a bit of a follow-up to my post in the Last Played Game thread, I just ordered My Liā€™l Everdell. It looks absolutely adorable, we have young nieces and nephews and weā€™re both quite keen to try it. :smile:

6 Likes

So huh, Iā€™m here to confess my sins

Terra Mystica Big Box - it was on sale for a very competitive price, and the sale for my old copy paid for most of it. One of the few Big Box where the size is just right.

Muscat - the OG Guild talked about this and they mentioned the magic words ā€œshared incentivesā€. So they got me and I bought a 2nd hand copy. The reimplementation, Message to the Czar, wasnā€™t well received. So, Muscat it is.

Steam - one of the trio that I havenā€™t tried. I love both Railways of the World and Age of Steam. Will be trying this and the Steam Baron expansion

Trick of the Rails - WOOOOOO! I GOT A COPY!

Ownerā€™s Choice - a fave 10/10 from a geekbuddy, NormandyWept.

Brilliant 30-minute stock-trading game, with a heady mix of 18xx-style portfolio management, some train-game-inspired incentive management, and plenty of direct and indirect interaction between players.

HARD TO FIND! And then someone put it up for sale and swooped in like a hawk

Koneko No Mama De and Iroha ni Odeo - two Japanese trick taking that I never heard of and are hard to find, soā€¦ yeahā€¦

8 Likes

Nice guy to play with. Lost my first 18XX at one of my local clubs to him.

2 Likes

Small Islands and, to my surprise, For Northwood! both showed up today.

Displayed next to a standard reference Oink and Regicide, as my cat was uncooperative.

5 Likes