2020 Challenge: 10 Plays of 10 Games!

Do you think Brass is possible to PBP?

3 Likes

Probably. You’d need someone to manage the deck, either as a non-participant or playing with open information.

There are various different online implementations that could be used for the board state.

2 Likes

No change to my list except for +1 Rallyman. (Rallyman GT has become my most played game since a few years ago when I started logging, largely thanks to BGA.)

3 Likes

No change to the list this month either. :frowning:

I did manage to get a game of Anomia in last weekend (my partner’s boss invited us over for dinner in their backyard… I wasn’t super keen on it, although her boss is pretty nice and her husband is also pretty chill, but I’m a little paranoid about the pandemic, but the dinner was cool). That was nice. And we’ve played about a half-dozen games of Sushi Go and Can’t Stop on BGA this month. So not without games, but none of the list-games, sadly.

3 Likes

I haven’t posted an update on this thread for a while as confinement and Covid have pretty much ended my challenge for this year. :slight_smile:

My wife doesn’t really play board games but we have managed to get quite a few games of Cribbage and Backgammon in over the summer months of vacation. And I did manage to twist a few arms into playing a few games of Flamme Rouge, which was enjoyed by all!

Bring on the 2021 challenge! :smiley:

7 Likes

Yay for Cribbage! Here are two of my dinkiest recent purchases:

9 Likes

In the past three months, I’ve tallied just a few more plays. I guess I could swap out some more games to try to get to 10x10 - I’ve played Dominion a bunch, Codenames a lot since it plays online well, as does Mysterium, and finally got my copy of Wingspan (still in the shrink wrap, but…) - but I’ll just see what I can manage here. Maybe I can plan out 2021 a little better.

7 Wonders Duel - 6
Arboretum - 4
Black Sonata - 3
Carcassonne - 3
Dungeons & Dragons 5e - 10+
High Society - 3
Race for the Galaxy - 10+
Rhino Hero Super Battle - 4
Root - 0
Splendor - 10+
Wildflowers - 10+

On the big-plus side of things, the D&D campaign has been going gangbusters. I’ve gotten into the DM groove; the party’s picked up a fifth member (a friend who’s moved back to town and needed a social outlet); and we’ve all managed to show up for up to six-hour sessions every Friday night since May. They all just work together so well, happy to roleplay their characters and explore, instead of being a bunch of murderhobos. Fifteen-year-old me never knew it could be so rewarding.

4 Likes

September results:

Game September Progress Complete?
Android: Netrunner 3 [5/20]
KnitWit - [5/5] :white_check_mark:
Council of Verona - [5/5] :white_check_mark:
Just One 1 [4/5]
Bridges to Nowhere 1 [7/5] :white_check_mark:
Treasure Island - [1/5]
KeyForge 6 [58/5] :white_check_mark:
The Bloody Inn - [1/5]
Gloom - [1/5]
Alhambra - [5/5] :white_check_mark:
Cottage Garden - [2/5]
Castles of Burgundy - [1/5]
Clank! in Space 1 [1/5]
Masque of the Red Death* - [0/5] :doughnut:
Dead of Winter - [0/5] :doughnut:
A Feast for Odin* - [0/5] :doughnut:
Eldritch Horror - [1/5]

Back in business with Just One, this time via Skype as per your excellent suggestion @Captbnut. Worked pretty well.

Fun first 2020 play of Clank! in Space, although disappointingly no one read the diary of Eradikus.

Hope everyone had a gametastic month!

4 Likes

Wish I could say I had a gametastic month, but I did play a few games, two of which were even on my 10 x 10!

Santorini - 1
Isle of Skye - 1
Imperial Assault - 8
Arkham Horror LCG - 7 (+1)
Kingdomino - 5 (+1)
Treasure Island - 2
Marvel Legendary - 2
Black Orchestra - 2
Ghost Stories - 3
Quacks of Quedlinburg - 3

I really thought I would be further along with games I can solo, but often I either don’t have the time or energy, or for a while I would rather play video games. I also have been playing Marvel Champions from time to time, which is not on my 10 x 10, but which I am having a lot of fun with.

4 Likes

Quacks of Quedlinburg - 5
Wingspan - 9 (+2)
Arboretum - 2
Gloomhaven - 10
Bärenpark - 3 (+1)
Flamme Rouge - 10 (+1)
Root - 5
Brass
Altiplano
Tzolk’in - 3

3 Likes
  • Gloomhaven 10/10
  • Spirit Island 10/10 (+1)
  • Nusfjord 9/10
  • Sprawlopolis 9/10 (+4)
  • The Crew 8/10 (+1)
  • Pandemic Legacy 8/10 (this includes both 1+2)
  • Clank! Legacy 7/10
  • Wingspan 7/10
  • Root 6/10
  • Codenames 4/10

I played a bunch of games just not those on my list:

• Obsession 4x
  • A Feast for Odin 2x
2 Likes

At this point Rallyman GT has become a 1×100. Quite unexpected…

Still no progress on anything except Rallyman, though in games that aren’t on the list I’m now up to 7×7. (Volt, Can’t Stop, 6 Nimmt!, Red7, Bowling Solitaire, Automobiles, Android Netrunner/Machi Koro.)

3 Likes

sigh

Let’s see, did we play anything in September… I’m pretty sure no. Not a single digital or physical game played for the entire month. It’s been a busy month (going back to school, finishing my novel and sending it off to the editor, painting, podcasting, working), so I can’t say I’m surprised, but as the pandemic drags on (and shows no signs of slowing down or stopping) a lot of the oomph has gone out of my sails.

Such is life. October is the last month before we begin the insanity of the holiday shopping season, although a lot of people seem to be doing that early this year (to the point that despite heavy regulations the game store has actually done better this year than last year).

4 Likes

Congrats on finishing your book :slight_smile:
Now on to the fun: revisions!

1 Like

Ha, I usually consider a novel “finished” after I’ve finished the second or third draft and sent it off to my professional editor. Once she sends it back, usually it’s another week or two of work before it’s ready to self-publish.

This novel won’t be searching for an agent, but the next one will, and that slows everything down a staggering amount. In an already slow industry. But yeah, fun!

2 Likes

Not updated this in a while, been playing lots of new games rather than the ones on the list (dammit!)

Feast for Odin 14 (0)
Age of Steam 13 (0)
Brass Birmingham 5 (0)
Terraforming Mars 21 (1)
Great Western Trail 5 (0)
Air Land and Sea 5 (0)
Concordia 2 (1)
Flamme Rouge 20 (0)
Dominion 10 (3) including 1 game with the new Menagerie set
Barenpark 5 (4)
Cockroach Poker 0 (0)

I don’t see Brass or Condordia happening with the UK (especially Wales) moving back into varying degrees of lockdown. We really enjoyed AL&S but the theme isn’t really my cup of tea. Been playing lots of Targi and The Field of the Cloth of Gold for our 2 player fix.

4 Likes

If you’re up for including online plays in your 10x10 (I do if I’m on voice chat with the people I’m playing with), Concordia is available on Yucata.

3 Likes

I’d count an online game. Yucata is pretty much the only online platform that my computer will run

2 Likes

October results:

Game October Total Complete?
Android: Netrunner 5 [10/20]
KnitWit - [5/5] :white_check_mark:
Council of Verona - [5/5] :white_check_mark:
Just One - [4/5]
Bridges to Nowhere - [7/5] :white_check_mark:
Treasure Island - [1/5]
KeyForge 7 [65/5] :white_check_mark:
The Bloody Inn - [2/5]
Gloom - [1/5]
Alhambra - [5/5] :white_check_mark:
Cottage Garden 1 [3/5]
Castles of Burgundy - [1/5]
Clank! in Space - [1/5]
Masque of the Red Death* - [0/5] :doughnut:
Dead of Winter 2 [2/5]
A Feast for Odin* - [0/5] :doughnut:
Eldritch Horror - [1/5]

Some good progress with Netrunner. Starting to get a better understanding of the rules, although there’s still a lot to learn.

Nice to get some Dead of Winter in, always leads to a tense and immersive session.

With any luck will finally play Odin in November, after cracking open the box and punching the pieces last weekend.

Hope everyone is well and got some 10x10 games played for October.

3 Likes

Quacks of Quedlinburg - 8 (+3)
Wingspan - 9
Arboretum - 2
Gloomhaven - 10
Bärenpark - 3 (+1)
Flamme Rouge - 10
Root - 7 (+2)
Brass - 6 (+6)
Tiny Towns - 10
Tzolk’in - 3

Our gaming buddy/bubble has made it his personal mission to help me finish my 10x10, because he wants to do one next year :grin:
I did cheat a bit and swap Altiplano for Tiny Towns, to give me a snowball’s chance in hell of finishing…

2 Likes