Last game you bought?

Swinging Jivecat Voodoo Lounge, i remember hearing about it ages ago and thought it sounded like something different. So, saw it for $10 and thought why not…(and conveniently ignoring the fact that with delivery it’s actually $20)

1 Like

Bellisimo! Bellisimo!

(Im deep into this joke now that this game is better be good)

6 Likes

Does the game explain what is supposed to happen in 2030?

4 Likes

Starting in 2020, things get worse every year until 2030.

By the time 2030 arrives, this cover will make sense

10 Likes

My orders for the “Three Statues” and Art of War hero box for Super Fantasy Brawl came in yesterday, and I was reminded that I sprung for the “grandstands” accessory kit. Considering I bought these stands alongside three large cosmetic miniatures that serve no purpose but to look good while obfuscating the playfield, it’s impressive that the little cardboard add-on ended up being the most over-the-top piece! They’re far too big to fit in the main box assembled, but they aren’t hard to make up/tear down (and besides, I’m not so sure how often I’ll bother anyway).

This puts me all-in on the game to date. I just love it and these last three heroes (not the statues) look super fun to play.

4 Likes

Oh, that was quick. Confirms rumours that I heard about the game being completely designed by the time the Gamefound campaign started.

3 Likes

7 Wonders Duel to complete the 7 Wonders trifecta

4 Likes

Another Splotter title

6 Likes

Okay, ugly cover (and utterly useless back of the box prediction) aside…

… where is that third stream coming from?

8 Likes

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

4 Likes

I’ve been eyeing this one for a while, but the secondary market prices are just ridiculous.

I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

1 Like

I got a haul of games, yet did not pay for any of them.

Nooo, I did not steal them.

SHUX gave a little bag of games to each attendee, so we got Tusk!: Surviving the Ice Age, That’s a Question, Blank, and two copies of Noxford. We were also later handed two copies of Walkie Talkie, which is a small pack of maybe 10-15 cards.

Then, I participated in the math trade. I gave away Hanabi, They Who We’re 8, Sonar, Dragoon!, and Tawatinsuyu: the Inca Empire and received Castle Ravenloft the D&D boardgame, Detective Club, Majesty: For the Realm (which we played a demo of at the first SHUX), and Echoes: the Microchip.

Finally, we got a free copy of a Netrunner starter deck and Tartarus Gate, which is a short RPG campaign.

Amazingly, we managed to pack it all, though we had to buy an extra tote bag. Castle Ravenloft is huge!

9 Likes

After the SHUX and Canada “Free Shipping” Math Trades both finished up this weekend I ended up with the following:

In:
Paint the Roses KS all-in pledge
Jorvik
Luna
Arena: Roma 1 & 2
Goa
Teotihuacan & Late Preclassic Period expansion
Bloc by Bloc 2nd edition
Petrichor
Vye
878 Vikings
In the Hall of the Mountain King
Rune Stones
Junk Art
Set a Watch: Swords of the Coin
Asante
Meltwater
Pandemic: Fall of Rome
Rail Pass
Ethnos

Out:
Anno 1800
My Farm Shop
The Menace Among Us
Shadows of Kyoto
Honey Buzz (extra copy)
U-Boot
Marvel Champions
Balloon Cup
Decorum
Flick 'em Up: Dead of Winter
Moon Adventure
High Treason
Dune: A Game of Conquest and Diplomacy
Witchstone
Gods love Dinosaurs
Memoir '44
Near and Far
With A Smile and a Gun
and $85 CAD

Not sure whether I won or lost value-wise, but I’ve sure got a lot of stuff to play now

13 Likes

Bought Impulse 2e second-hand. It’s an odd game, and my couple of plays totally inadequate to determine whether or not I like it, but it’s certainly intriguing enough to stick in my mind and play more to find out.

4 Likes

Nice one! Not many of those around, at least not here in NZ…

3 Likes

Sounds like a black market version of Nusfjord, revolving around smoked salmon?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that be Loxford?

4 Likes

Where did you find that? I have ugly 1e because it’s $20 and 2e is $200. I periodically check to see if a more reasonable copy has surfaced anywhere.

I have mixed feelings on the game - I think if I could find 2-3 other people who really wanted to figure it out I’d enjoy that. But usually I want it to be a bigger, longer game than it is, and it ends super fast with trademark Chudyk combo explosion.

3 Likes

We’re on the same page.

Though now I’m thinking about party game where a bunch of Oxford freshman experiment with laughing gas.

5 Likes

Local Facebook for 3000 yen + 980 postage, so about 30 USD. Only played once, the expansions still in shrink. Will I ever use them? No idea, but they are no longer still in shrink.

5 Likes