Last game you bought?

It is a great game in concept, but you need to all understand a bit every faction in order for it to work. And every faction works very differently. So in a way it feels like several games in one. Just one piece of advice, watch out for Vagabond or Woodland Alliance, they can be really strong at the end.

Picked up the newest Ashes Reborn expansions (The Artist of Dreams, The Queen of Lightning, and The Messenger of Peace) and the Dr Sattler Vs T-Rex Unmatched box.

4 Likes

Definitely agree about everyone needing to understand each faction, not just your own. As it turned out, the Cats just obliterated us, could have won several ways (points, dominance cards). Leaving myself (Eyrie) and the Alliance back on 10 points. On the whole, I wasnā€™t too disappointed by the game, I think we played properly and enjoyed it (as much as you can enjoy a game you lose badly in). Second game should be a bit more competitive.

2 Likes

A rare occasion: Bought Sidereal Confluence Remastered brand new. I love the game and itā€™s not often in stock, so I am buying it.

10 Likes

Wonderlands War - the deluxe version with the premium chips became available again

3 Likes

Bought Die wandelnden TĆ¼rme from Amazon.de. Itā€™s a Kramer and Kiesling. Thatā€™s my excuse.

Dolmen - another SICS game, which I bid for in ebay.de. Seller was cool to send it to the UK.

I apologise for pilfering stuff from Germany. They are acts of desperation.

5 Likes

I have that (the tower one)! I got it from Meeples Corner which seems to be run by a German or someone with links to Germany as they often get games in German which are cool (I also picked up the last couple of Friese games - full throttle and frei fahrt) from there.

I think itā€™s surprisingly tricky!

2 Likes

Huh! Good to know thereā€™s one UK shop I can check

1 Like

Well, also boardgamepricesā€¦

1 Like

I havenā€™t bought much these days, but I made an exception for this.

5 Likes

Switch & Signal. I asked my 5 year old to help me pick a new game, we watched the SU&SD review and he enthusiastically demanded this one. We made it about four rounds before he said he didnā€™t want to play anymore. :melting_face:

I still have hopes of getting my wife and older kids to play it, though.

12 Likes

Good luck. Switch and signal is a good game. Iā€™d suggest maybe not playing with the opening set up and being a bit more random with the numbers. Iā€™m convinced itā€™s too gentle to be engaging.

1 Like

Taking a break from the bigger, more complex games, we just bought The Game after playing it at a friend of my wifeā€™s place and loving it. :grin:

2 Likes

I may have stress-bought a few games the other day.

• Maglev Metroā€“after seeing the KS for the expansions I looked closer at the game and was so intrigued that I couldnā€™t help putting it on my wishlist and when a copy came in stockā€¦ also hex fields.
  • Skull Canyon: Ski Festā€“there are almost no games with a skiing theme. It is not terribly expensive and I am thinking if I wait until cold season ā€œeveryoneā€ will want it.
  • Krazy Wordsā€“this is a rebuy that I put off for the longest time. Originally, I had the tiny box kid-friendly game which I sold to get the adult version which was discontinued in the meantime and then the bigger box was published and I was angry about it and I didnā€™t buy it. Then I got Krazy Pix was reminded how much fun the concept is and now this kind of qualifies as an expansion: I can definitely fit both games in one box.
7 Likes

Got the expansions for Chicago Express. Queenā€™s Narrow Gauge plus Erie as well as Winsomeā€™s Nickel Plate version.

Handy kick up the butt to get Chi-Ex to the table again sooner rather than later :partying_face:

6 Likes

Yesterday I received my very first KS backed nearly two years ago, Northguard: Uncharted Lands. I have to say, the box is big. I soon will need more shelves, as I believed this was going to be one of the smaller boxes I have put a pledge onā€¦

5 Likes

I picked up a few more items for Super Fantasy Brawl today, using a little birthday scratch. I grabbed the neoprene kit (which includes the playfield AND four player boardsā€”nice!), put an order in for the (entirely cosmetic, so far) central statue models, and picked up the ā€œMental Mightā€ hero pack.

I still havenā€™t got it to the table but the rules and gameplay vids have me pretty stoked about changing that ASAP. Adding a few more heroes opens the full draft mode up as well (though technically I need one more for that to be true).

3 Likes

Just got an unexpected early delivery (it was supposed to be here next week, proving once again that somehow Shem Philips never seems affected by shipping issues)

#lifegoals :wink:

(Obviously only the box on the bottom was in the package, the other two were waiting for it)

9 Likes

Does Shem Philips sail his own ship?

3 Likes

Yeah, but with the game business taking off, heā€™s having to hire a captain. Thereā€™s this Snuggles guy, got great referencesā€¦

5 Likes