Last game you bought?

Got a notification that Neuroshima Hex was back in stock from the site I most often use a few days ago. Been wanting to get it for years, but it’s constantly going out of print.
Have enjoyed playing the app on and off for a wee while, but the lack of online play against a friend is a glaring oversight, and playing against the AI just doesn’t have the same appeal.

Should be arriving Saturday though. Got at least a couple of friends who are gonna absolutely love getting it played. Looking forward to it

4 Likes

Bought Regicide directly from the publisher’s site

9 Likes

Is there a UK seller of regicide to avoid potential hefty shipping fees.

3 Likes

Check your local corner store, they’ll probably have a copy available for cheap.

1 Like

Sure, but it’ll probably be an unlicensed knock-off where most of the cards won’t even have proper illustrations!

2 Likes

They should really sue.

2 Likes

Is there enough interest (I’d have a proper set) to smile sweetly at one of our kiwi members to send a bunch to the UK?

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s do-able (pending NZers being allowed to purchase anything at all other than essential goods, seeing as the whole country is currently under a strict lock-down to stamp out a Covid outbreak). I’ll caveat that by saying that I haven’t the foggiest what shipping rates are like, or whether that would actually be preferable or more cost-effective than a direct order (which probably includes tracked shipping as standard?).

2 Likes

With the SUSD review of The Fuzzies, I got a little panicky about grabbing it ASAP. It was something I had planned to pick up in the next week or so as my folks are rolling into town, but I felt it best not to delay. Anyway they listed 4 copies in stock this morning, and I walked out with their second last one, so I felt pretty good about making the trip this morning…

…and then they pulled Destinies onto the shelf, so off I went with that, too.

8 Likes

The complete birthday haul. I’m very lucky and very spoilt

22 Likes

Oh now that is a great set of games. You‘re going to be quite the busy gamer :slight_smile: How will you find time for anything else?

5 Likes

Unfortunately we went back to work yesterday and the puppy takes a lot of attention

5 Likes

We still can have orders online and couriers still deliver…

If there is interest, I can have a nosey around.

2 Likes

Can’t you teach the puppy how to play?

3 Likes

Not a game, but I bought plastic tokens for Twilight Struggle

11 Likes

They look very fine!

2 Likes

Crash Octopus, because I love stupid dexterity games (and octopuses…octopii?)
And Juicy Fruits

Every time I buy a new game, I tell myself I need to sell some games…

4 Likes

Interesting! The KS was way too expensive for me, but in the UK Zatu has it pre-order for £40 (expected October) and Firestorm has it pre-order for £30 (expected next week).

If it turns up for around £30 I’ll be all over that, it looks great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yup, I remember almost backing it

Pretty much what I paid

3 Likes

I don’t follow BGG auctions as much as I used to. But they pop up occasionally due to games I’m subscribed to being listed. There are very few UK auctions on BGG, so it would follow that not many UK folk likely follow the BGG auctions; so I figured I would post a link because there are lots great games listed at very reasonable minimum bids:

4 Likes