Last game you bought?

Thanks to this;

I now own this

Box could easily be half the size though.

Apparently it was handed to the resident, which was great as I was sat in a cinema 30 minutes away.

6 Likes

Component upgrade: real marshmallows

4 Likes

I bought L.L.A.M.A. It was less than 5 quid!

3 Likes

Several RPGs have some sort of point system whereby you get them during play and spend them to be extra-heroic. Some sort of physical token can be handy for this. Use sweets or other snacks and you will discover which of your players has no impulse controlā€¦

(I believe QAGS makes this an actual rule.)

3 Likes

Magical Kitties does this, as a recent example. Built-in impulse control though, if you keep the treats on brand. :face_vomiting:

A lot of trades lately as I have used the Trade Search feature in BGG and comprehensively went through the matches.

Iquazu
Bucket Brigade
Mangrovia
Traders of Carthage aka Traders of Osaka
Aton
Fuse
Millions of Dollars
Asante

Surprisingly, only 1 of those is a Knizia :joy:

3 Likes

A KS version of one of my favourite work placement games appeared on second hand here in NZ. So now I own (well, it is still on the way) Architects of the West Kingdom from Shem Phillips. With metal coins and all.

I am going to have to start a list of shame like @pillbox this yearā€¦

8 Likes

How naĆÆve of me, back in April I was saying things like thatā€¦

This yearā€™s Games so far :man_facepalming:

-Android (2nd hand)
-Empires of the Void II
-Merchants & Marauders
-Rex: Last days of an Empire (2nd hand)
-Oceans
-Taverns of Tiefenthal (2nd hand)
-Forbidden Island (2nd hand)
-Game of Thrones 2nd Ed (2nd hand)
-The Crew: Search for Planet Nine
-Blood Rage (2nd hand)
-Love Letter (New edition) Won at raffle.
-Firefly
-Tiny Epic Pirates
-Fort (2nd hand)
-Architects of the West Kingdom KS (2nd hand)

4 Likes

I mean 2nd hand hardly counts! If anything, honestly, it should count for negative! Youā€™re helping someone else cull their collection, and culling, Iā€™m told, is healthy.

6 Likes

I should have included that I sold Fog of Love. See? I am glad we are on the same page. Culling! Healthy!

4 Likes

So many small games, those hardly count.
Can you tell me about Empires of the Void? Why did you buy it? Have you played? Itā€™s been on my waffle list andā€¦

(At the start of the year I said something like buying one game a month. oO I am soooo beyond thatā€¦ reasons reasonsā€¦)

4 Likes

I must admit seeing that it was like Twilight Empire but in 2 hours sold it to me. I asked @Marx for his opinion, also ThreeMinuteBoardGames has it very high on his list, and when I saw it on offer I jumped to it. But, with Rex, remains unplayed. From my group, the players that are into longer games are very much pro-euro non-conflict. So I need to wait for the right circumstances. Hopefully not for long.

2 Likes

By the way, I only count The Crew, Forbidden Island, Love Letter, Tiny Epic Pirates and Fort as small. That is still a minorityā€¦ :thinking:

3 Likes

Any UKer bought Summoner Wars 2 yet? If so, Im curious on where you got it

1 Like

I preordered from: Summoner Wars 2nd Edition Master Set (Preorder) ā€“ Gamers@Hart

Not received yet, but itā€™s a good store.

1 Like

Stolen review copy from Susd?

1 Like

Grand Austria Hotel kinda popped onto my radar from nowhere. I think I was looking up reviews to see why other people liked Voyages of Marco Polo, because I could not see any value in it. GAH came up as another dice game that was better, and whatever that poster said about it caught my attention. On too little research, I pulled the trigger because I had a coupon.

I mean, a coupon.

Now, itā€™s really not comparable to Marco Polo apart from the presence of dice. However, Iā€™ve gotten two rounds in on Yucata and hot dang if this isnā€™t a keeper!

6 Likes

I love GAH, but every time I see it mentioned online thereā€™s someone there to say ā€œitā€™s alright, but Lorenzo is way betterā€. :cry:

1 Like

In a fun turn of events, 2 days ago I got an email from Spieleschmiede (the crowdfunding branch of Spiele Offensive which is a weird mix of publisher/online shop/community) that they were caught unawares that they had stock for 2 of their campaigns incoming and so with next to no warning my German copies of Village Green and The King is Dead 2nd arrived todayā€“in the same package! I am shaking my head and laughing at the same time. Sometimes it seems like they must be the most chaotic boardgame shop ever and yetā€¦ I have no complaints with any of my orders from them (itā€™s likely not their fault that they were the last to get Dune Imperium)

5 Likes

[Plugging ears, not googling Lorenzo il Magnifico]

4 Likes