Last game you bought?

The only reason why I haven’t bought the upgrade kit.

Do you guys know where it is the cheapest?

Yeh, I had to go through the listing for the base set, open all the sites listing it in stock and then search them for the upgrade pack.

I ended up getting it from GamesLore as they seemed cheapest (their shipping is a bit steep, but I bought something else at the same time to offset it).

I grabbed the new base set when it came out, and having never played the first edition, I’m really enjoying the game. I love the changes it makes to the card battler standard ways of doing things.

Also does anyone know of a Canadian version/branch of Covenant? I would love to subscribe and support more games but it’s hard to justify when shipping is more expensive than a pack.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, there isn’t any Canadian hub for TC. They’ve said on their streams that long term plans for international distribution hubs is high on their priorities (Canada and UK first most likely), but those plans slowed down last year.

2 Likes

@pillbox I grrabbed it from retail. A few Canadian stores just got copies last week. It was cheaper than direct from Covenant and that’s before the insane shipping.

@bruitist that is very good to know! Thanks for the heads up.

I never grabbed Assassin’s (always sold out), but that was the appeal of it for sure.

@RogerBW that’s good to know. It’s a nice option to have. Though if the original one was dropped, I should be happy I didn’t grab it (though I’m sure it would have been mostly playable, but I can’t say 100% as I never had it).

1 Like

Well then color me green! US retail for the upgrade pack has been pushed out until July :frowning_face:

Maybe it’s Covenants way of helping out non-US fans? Still sucks, but at least it’s coming to retail!

1 Like

Dammit, my order for The Red Cathedral was cancelled :unamused:

And they still show it as available…

Quacks Big Box after I got the last one* discounted at 365games yesterday.

* may not actually have been the last one

Finally I have the game to go with the lovely resin bits I found on eBay over a year ago.

5 Likes

I think I forgot to share, so here goes.

Look upon my work ye mighty, and despair!

I laminated the Fleet Dice sheets.

It’s just a shame that the reverse side… doesn’t work?

8 Likes

I had a similar thought but was annoyed by the lack of function on the reverse. So I decided to wait and see if a future expansion maybe comes with new sheets that I could layout back-to-back for the reverse

Due to the event described on the How Are You Today thread, we stopped by a new-to-us game store in the area. My wife decided we should get Splendor Marvel (or is it “Marvel Splendor”). Since she was getting something, she encouraged me to get something too, so I grabbed the Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver hero packs for Marvel Champions.

4 Likes

I was going to glue mine down to a (potentially thematic) sheet of paper and then laminate that.

I have no idea what the Dicey Waters pad looks like but I’m guessing it’s itty bitty. Might end up just handling those separately.

Alternatively you could of course lay two sheets per side to make it work double sided.

2 Likes

It’s the size of the rectangle in the insert. I was thinking of laminating it together, but it doesn’t fit neatly and I don’t think you’d want to play with it every game (it’s lots of ways to buff up point scoring so could get quite crazy and requires good knowledge of the intended strategy). It would be too long for my lamination sheets anyway!

2 Likes

On a glance, that was my impression as well. It’s nice that it’ll provide new options for what is otherwise usually your worst possible outcome (using the default gold option for a die), but the options themselves appear just as juicy as any of the other wharf stalls. That extra layer of crunch won’t always be wanted. On the other hand, how essential it feels might come down to how often you play at 4P. In my solo and 2P games, I’ve/we’ve never actually needed to take the default gold option, but that might be more frequent with a full table.

As for laminating, I’m still thinking I’d make a separate card for them. A trifold wouldn’t be the worst, but the dead space would irk me something fierce.

1 Like

I just bought a bundle of leaving earth Plus expansions on a UK FB group.

That group is to blame as my main source of retail therapy this year.

5 Likes

Btw fantasywelt lists Search for Planet X as available in September and so… I preordered.

5 Likes

Razzia, which is a card version of Ra (which I loooooove) with a new theme (gangsters). Also, Bruxelles 1897 Card Game, which I added to get free shipping.

2 Likes

Received my first “kickstarter”. Not a proper kickstarter, but an add-on, when I backed Tiny Epic Dungeons I asked for a deluxeTiny Epic Pirates to be included and… yarrrrr!, they’re here. I could not open it yesterday, as I had a dinner with friends, so looking forward to unboxing tonight…

3 Likes

During our outing our oldest got to pick out a toy.
Super close to a baby alive doll, but Pop the Pig won out. Cause and effect of chance triggering the pig when it eats too many cheese burgers.

By the end of the day I regret the baby alive didn’t win out

7 Likes