Last game you bought?

Believe it or not, I’m working from a (shrinking) list of interesting titles. That list gets a tad smaller today with the arrival of Menara. I’m not sure it’ll unseat Men At Work as my preferred dexterity game, but having a co-op dexterity game will certainly pay dividends in certain situations (like when my kids get a bit older?) And co-op dexterity games are quite rare.

I also think I managed to forget to mention that I had picked up the other two boxes of For What Remains: For What Remains: Blood on the Rails and For What Remains: Out of the Basement. I also picked up the new expansion for 51st State: 51st State - Moloch and I rebought Innovation because I realized that I had a mix of 1st edition and 3rd edition products

5 Likes

Well, for my birthday back in July, my in-laws and my wife got me some gift cards for our FLGS. Today, I spent them and got Brass: Birmingham, Cairn and The Fuzzies, thereby roughly doubling our “to-play” pile.

8 Likes

Look what just arrived and looks awfully pretty :slight_smile:
Same color scheme as my bicycle :smiley: White and pink!
My partner came in and went “Ohohoh it looks just like Borderlands! Great! When can we play?”

11 Likes

Been checking geekmarket and eBay and finally found a copy at a decent price…

12 Likes

I’d forgotten all about that game, but I’m pretty sure I wanted to play it. I’m keen to hear impressions.

Is that a soundtrack CD in the box?

I loved the PBF game we had here, and played another game with the TTS mod. Haven’t had a chance to play since, alas.

It is. Ripping it for the house audio server now.

4 Likes

Hope you and your group enjoy it, Roger! I also have Last Night on Earth and Fortune and Glory but have still never listened to any of the CD soundtracks included with them.

1 Like

I haven’t dealt with CDs for years when I have to remind myself what “ripping” is as a tech term.

3 Likes

Well yeah there is the standard consideration of whether I actually still have a CD drive. I do, though not a CD player except in the car and I don’t use that.

Immediate reaction: nothing special. Mostly instrumental, which is what I want from a game soundtrack.

2 Likes

Prior to running the PBF game here, I wrote this review of the game, if that helps too.

3 Likes

Delayed for several months–I expected this in June at the latest after it said April just a couple weeks before I pre-ordered–these two games were still early:

Notification from the shop said they were mailing ist yesterday, dhl said it was arriving on monday, yet here I am staring at two boxes I cannot do more than look at because we have plans tonight that do include seeing friends but not for gaming :wink: But there is a week-end ahead :smiley:

10 Likes

Got Samurai: the Card Game and Dynasties: Heirate und Herrsche (which is only available in German; never released in English) on a trade.

And got these on the Maths Trade:

• Cape Horn
  • Tyros
  • Favour of the Pharaoh
  • ZERTZ
  • King Chocolate
4 Likes

How does that even work? After I just played the tile layer yesterday, consider me curious.

2 Likes

My FLGS brought in the Dicey Waters expansion for Fleet The Dice Game, so I promptly ran down to pick it up. At $7.50 it’s a trifle, but with the main box costing $45, I think E-G would up the value proposition tremendously by including this little module in every copy. This is too good a game to be held back by their luxury tax.

Anyway, here I am whining about something I just ran out and excitedly paid for, but I’ve put just under $60 CAD into this little box and it’s hard not to feel a bit foolish about it.

3 Likes

I did a “fire and forget” on eBay. And end up winning Argent the Consortium with its 3 expansions sleeved and unused for £50.

That was highly unexpected.

6 Likes

I had my first splurge for a while, and placed an order for this lot:

• Pandemic: Fall of Rome
  • Unmatched: Cobble & Fog
  • Unmatched: Bruce Lee
  • Twisty Little Passages
  • Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion - Removable Sticker Set & Map
7 Likes

7 Likes

Bruce Lee is a blast in Unmatched. I recommend putting him against the raptors, if you’ve got them.

3 Likes

This is actually my initial foray into the game. Cobble & Fog was the most thematically appealing of the larger boxes (and seems well-regarded), and I just couldn’t resist adding Bruce Lee into the mix while I was at it.

2 Likes

The Key: Theft at Cliffrock Villa, because we played and enjoyed one of the other games in the series ( The Key: Murder at the Oakdale Club)