Introduction thread

Hello everyone. Another incomer from the SU&SD forum. Thanks very much to @RogerBW for the invitation.

9 Likes

Oh, much better now, :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Another interloper from SUSD . I’ve just started pbf, and am interested in doing more, particularly learning more about D&D or other RPG systems/ worlds.

9 Likes

floats ashore, clinging to a broken barrel

:wave: Good to see my username wasn’t already taken. SUSD people know who I am, I’m sure.

10 Likes

Another refugee here - given that this is well established, I think I’ll close mine and just come over here!

10 Likes

Hello, room for one more from the good ship SUSD? Thanks to @RogerBW I look forward to more lurking, sporadic posting and PBF here.

9 Likes

Woo! Love seeing some faces.

6 Likes

Hello! Apparently, my post needs to be at least 20 characters. So there.

9 Likes

“Never mind the quality, feel the width!” is very much our standard here.

7 Likes

Metaphorical Kansas or literal Kansas? C and I moved to literal Kansas a month ago . . .

2 Likes

Physical Kansas. I, myself, spend most of my time in a very narrow portion of Kansas known as Shawnee (the city, not the county)

1 Like

If I’m reading the map right, you’re about 35 miles from us; we’re in Lawrence, which I picked partly because it has good libraries (city and university). Unfortunately they’re currently all shut down, along with a lot of the city’s other attractions.

2 Likes

Lawrence is, likely, the most interesting town in Kansas. I lived there for a few years at one point.

Glad to meet another local! You said you just moved there; where from?

1 Like

A hearty welcome to all the newcomers!

8 Likes

Riverside, California. A 1700-mile drive away. It was quite a trip.

We decided around a year and a half ago that California was no longer affordable, and started researching other states and cities, and Lawrence won out, for a variety of reasons. Then things started becoming even less tolerable in California, culminating with the passage of AB5, which would make it impossible for me to work if I stayed there.

I have to say the time we picked out for the move turned out to be a difficult one! And the difficulties aren’t quite over; I need to buy several pieces of furniture, and our options are limited currently, so half our books are still in boxes. But I’ve been able to play Call of Cthulhu and run GURPS via Zoom, once each. I’m hoping to be able to do actual face to face RPGing, once we can do face to face interaction again . . . but that could be a while.

I’m liking what I’ve seen of Lawrence, but that’s been limited so far, for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

That’s quite a move! I guess the one thing I’ll mention is that summertime is the suck around here. 90-100 F temperatures and 90% humidity. So make sure your AC stays in good working order.

1 Like

Noice. It’ll be interesting to keep it 20 characters at least :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello everyone. Your old buddy (or new buddy, as the case may be) Boydesian is here! I am yet one more refugee from SUSD. Can’t say too much right now as I’m at work, but I’ll post more later. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Hello! I’m Anna.

While I never posted much, I’ve been a daily reader on the SU&SD forums for a couple of years, and I’m looking for a new home. :blush:

13 Likes

Hi Anna! Welcome again!

4 Likes