Geekgroup.App Tekeli.li Group

Ah crud. For kicks, I’m looking at the tekelili group on geekgroup.app, as it’s kind of fun looking at what everybody owns. But I’m coming across games that I own that I do not have marked as such, meaning I have even more games than I realized!

EDIT: And dayum, @lalunaverde ranks games harshly!

8 Likes

There’s a group?

1 Like

Yep, in the menu there’s a group section, and I have GeekBuddies and tekelili listed there, though I’ll be damned if I can recall how I got in the group in the first place.

4 Likes

I know I was added to another group on a Discord server. Don’t know if I’m in this one

1 Like

You are, I see you in there. For that matter, so is @raged_norm.

2 Likes

Lucky me, 10 characters

1 Like

That thing of giving colours to days of the week takes me back to being a kid in church and being told what colour the priests were wearing depending on the day of the year…

Am I there?

1 Like

I don’t like fun

4 Likes

You ranked Hungry Hungry Hippos a 3 while you have a bunch of other (much more enjoyable games, IMO) as 1’s!! That’s not not liking fun, that’s just crazy! :stuck_out_tongue:

@Chewy77 - Yep, you’re there too.

2 Likes

Seems reasonable to me, if the criteria is how likely you are to play it again.

(I tend to try to give games that aren’t “objectively” awful some credit, but I understand there’s no real need to do so in a personal scoring system.)

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s all subjective and everyone has their own ranking system, so a numeric rating is not all that helpful on its own without an explanation of that system. For me, a 1 would be a completely broken and unplayable game, that literally sucks the joy out of you and probably causes cancer or something just by being near it. Something I just didn’t ever want to play again, but functioned just fine as a game, would be in the 4-5 range.

2 Likes

Precisely, by ranking games based on “desire to play”, suddenly I have no difficulty on the contradiction between my enthusiasm and game design. I don’t have to think on what to rank Dominion which I highly respect, but have no desire to play.

Ranking is also based on my limited time. I probably play more games nights than a lot of people here, but I still found that I am swamped with choices. Saying “no” to a lot of games have improved my board gaming experience

6 Likes

I don’t seem to have a group option in my menu. Is it nested under something?

1 Like

I do not see it on my phone unless I use desktop view:

1 Like

I think but I am not sure anymore that at some point I made that group, I remember posting about it here asking about it because I felt it was somehow not okay with because it was showing „too much“ information even if all of that is public information on BGG. I had found out that I could just look at anyone through geekgroup and compare collections—which is interesting but it syncs a whole lot of stuff…

If indeed I am the one that made it I can probably delete it—and should—because even though we are talking about it now, it will get forgotten again. I‘ll check as soon as I get to my computer… on tablet geekgroup is a bit slow.

1 Like

I made the group.
I added everyone from here that I have as a geekbuddy I think.

All of this is from public information from BGG. But some of you may or may not be aware how much information is really public. Especially the plays you log. Also this is a different presentation and analysis that you may or may not agree with. I’ve had feedback from one of you that they don’t mind:

@Benkyo , @Captbnut , @COMaestro @mr.ister @Chewy77 @lalunaverde @Lordof1 @Brattyjedi , @RogerBW @Whistle_Pig @raged_norm @pillbox

Please check in with me about this.
For me the consequence of seeing this aggregation was to set my BGStats to anonymize my plays I logged to BGG.

Two options:
a) I remove everyone who doesn’t want to be in that group
b) I delete the whole group edit: this one seems to be out since the following posts have numerous requests to be added in them. So please if you want out notify me. Thank you!

Third:
c) I add anyone who feels like they are missing out

In any case, I had forgotten about the group even though I use geekgroup a lot to track my collection. So I have no problem at all getting rid of it.

Games are a bit of an obscure corner of the internet so it is not like there are tons of people going through the data I guess…

PS: and because I have a hard time tracking down my previous stuff on this, I will now do what I do and thread this into its own place, so I can find it again when I want to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m happy to be added but my collection is pretty meagre!

1 Like

I don’t mind, I’ve chosen to create an account there after all, though I don’t use it much.

1 Like

ps: anyone wishing to be added I need their bgg handle :slight_smile:
pps: in some cases I may be able to guess… but not everyone is the same here as there!

I’m sballuk , I don’t mind being added.

Also whoa, my “collection” number is less than half most people on that list, and in some cases 1/30th!

3 Likes