Container - Game 1

Lets do this!

@pillbox is yellow
@VictorViper is green
@Captbnut is blue
@RossM is purple Captbnut is his Union boss
@Whistle_Pig is red Ross is his Union boss.

All players begin with $20

Rules

3 Likes

@RogerBW please can you randomly and secretly assign a scoring card to each player please.

1 Like

@RossM asked for a die roll:
Using the above order to decide who goes firstā€¦

d5: 4

@RossM will go first, before proceeding clockwise.

2 Likes

I think sitting in the 5th seat may not be too bad a thing for this one.

1 Like

Will be following. Good luck, everyone!

5 Likes

Will be following too! I worked and still work too often with containers to miss this! Good luck!

4 Likes

Appropriate Music!

Rossbury Transport is launched.

Buy a Warehouse - Ā£4

Buy a container for Ā£2 from @Pillbox

Set the price of that container at Ā£2.

Iā€™m literally cutting my own throat at that price.

(Eagle eyed viewers will notice I now have Ā£14.)

@Whistle_Pig is up!

1 Like

Added to the Container playlist at melodice.org. (Which apart from that consists of The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.)

2 Likes

Surely this is the appropriate music

2 Likes

Does that mean that Rossbury Transportā€™s finest and onlyest ship is moored at Public Investment Leasing Logistics Branch: Oceanic eXchange Limited ā€“ henceforth known as PILLBOX Ltd?

2 Likes

I donā€™t think soā€¦ I think I magically buy it from your machine area and a truck drops it at my dock?

Is that right?

2 Likes

Ahh, yes, sorry. I was mistaken. The Factory to Dock is teleporty, the Dock to Island requires boatitude.

3 Likes

Is anybody using any clever ways to secretly track their cash? Not to shine too bright a light, I believe I now have $22 (assuming in this imaginary world we are in all currencies are 1:1 exchanges, which is convenient because my keyboard does not have a ā€˜Ā£ā€™ character on it).

I categorically do not expect my opponents to track my money for me; e.g. I donā€™t expect Ross to go through any steps other than those that were performed to let me know my container was purchased at 2ā‚½.

I think, for now, I shall keep a Google Docs Spreadsheet. Iā€™d be curious if anybody else has a good idea for tracking cash, money and/or bling.

Iā€™ve sent myself a pm. Which I will edit accordingly.

1 Like

Ahh, well Iā€™m used to talking to myself, but Iā€™ve rarely used the internet to do soā€¦ Iā€™ll give that a try.

Surely the ideal character to use here is U+00A4 Ā¤ CURRENCY SIGN?
(Proposed in 1972 as a placeholder - ā€œASCII doesnā€™t have our non-US currency symbol so weā€™ll use this one insteadā€. I donā€™t believe itā€™s ever been widely used.)

1 Like

So far Iā€™ve just got the bills from the game to make keeping track of myself easier. Iā€™ll probably allow a little note pad to keep tabs (not something Iā€™d do in game, but it also doesnā€™t usually play out over a week).

2 Likes

I like it! For those of you with keyboard mappings similar to mine, itā€™s easily fabricated with the keyboard combination of ALT+0164 (that is, holding Alt while typing 0164 on the keypad). Also easily fabricated by the arcane process of copy & paste.

I think Iā€™m going to use the PM method - itā€™ll keep my scoring card at the top of my inbox as well.

1 Like