Container #1 - Recruitment, Discussion and Play-by-Post

Not a lot of boats around where I live here in Kansas.

Last boat I was on (and happened to be driving) was a pontoon boat during a vacation to Wisconsin back in 2015

2 Likes

I will leave this open until tomorrow. Having four players add an extra dimension to production…

Oops, sorry my bad, count me in!

2 Likes

Hooray!

Ok. I will probably start a new thread!

2 Likes

Apart from your Roads and Boats collection, that is…

2 Likes

See you in… Container - Game 1

3 Likes

Just checking in, new players in the group: we’re all clear on the scoring cards and quirks?

1 Like

Quirks being you discard the containers you have the most of before scoring, and that if you have at least one of each container you gain more money for the second colour container on your list.

4 Likes

That’s the one. Them’s the oneses.

3 Likes

So. Like @Benkyo did before, I’m going to write down some thoughts over here without clogging up the main thread.

Going first is difficult.

This game seems to work on two levels.

1. Scoring
  2. Economic position.

Being first meant that one of the options, to load containers, wasn’t available.

So, this first turn was about giving players options. and making my own second turn more interesting.

But why pick the container of @pillbox?

No real reason? Well not true. Taking any container makes it more likely someone will buy mine.

My next problem is what machine to buy? Is it something I make more money on, or does the colour not matter as it makes my business more efficient?

Theres talk online about how different players take on different jobs. I’m interested to see if that happens here…

I’m very glad I’m going last, especially with at least 3 new players at the table.

This is actually the first game I’ve played where the first player didn’t go for a machine and produce! As for your choice on what machines to go for, well, that becomes a far more loaded question as time goes on. You’re going to have competition. But just how much?

1 Like

I was going to buy 2 containers until I realised you can only buy from one person.

You can buy from two people but it would have taken both your actions (and moot since you wouldn’t have the warehouse).

1 Like

Yep two separate actions.

I’m glad I’m bucking the trend about machines!

1 Like

I’ve never been player 1 and I’ve always wanted to buck the trend myself, so I’m happy it happened!

1 Like

Also, I will try and update the board after every move, but if you know what you are doing, don’t wait for me!

1 Like

We’ll have a quick palaver here when the first auction is about to hit?

My scoring card is very orange

Yeah, the orange was replaced with brown in the jumbo edition. Curiously though, the score card combinations are entirely different!