Boxes full of air and other tragedies

I decided to rationalise Small Star Empires (aka Hey, That’s My Space Fish). Because I bought it piecemeal at Essen and via a later crowdfund, I had this big stack of boxes and promos and things.

(Note there’s a second main game box at the bottom of the stack on the right.)

But the main game box was just this full.

And everything fits into it.

11 Likes

Like the universe itself, a bit of stuff with lots of nothing around it! How meta!

7 Likes

It’s not obvious. But I am ranting as I took these photos

12 Likes

Designed for sleeves + many expansions?? What is the game?

2 Likes

War of the Ring: The Card Game

Not opened mine yet

3 Likes

At least Oceans’ expansion is coming soon :sob::sob::sob: I took out the insert as it cant accomodate sleeves.

7 Likes

I keep the reef and oceans trays always mounted, as you have space and saves set up time. But yes, air galore. Not Splendor bad, but definitely improvable.

3 Likes

Ginkgopolis was bad, but no pics. Got the game and expansion in just the expansion box that must be less than 40% the volume of the base game box.

4 Likes

here you go. Ginkgopolis inspired this thread. so i guess i need the expansion to get the smaller box?

5 Likes

I guess 80+ posts is my limit for remembering where a thread started! The expansion modules all seem interesting, simple, and easy to add and remove.

4 Likes

i only remembered because when you posted about having no pictures… I remembered how annoyed I was with that particular box :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Gingkopolis has an expansion??

Is it good?

I’ve not taken the cardboard ‘insert’ out of my base game box so it doesn’t feel too egregious. Until now

4 Likes

I own it, but never played it. So much in the base game.

3 Likes

QUEEN GAAAAAMES :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

This is Escape: Curse of the Temple + Illusions inside the Illusions box. And Im sure I can fit another damn expansion here

9 Likes

My “solution” above

3 Likes

With emphasis on the tragedy. Plenty of room for what else might have been. @RogerBW I suppose I got to stick with a familiar solution, though. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

For contrast, and really the opposite of this thread, here’s my Rallyman GT:

With bags removed to show the structure better:

The four “main stacks” are three of tiles and one of dashboards. This contains:

GT
Championship
World Tour
Team Challenge
KS extras / Adrenaline Pack
GT4 ×2
GT5 ×2
and five extra dice packs (the early ones, when they still included the acceleration die)

so that I can in theory run a 12-player game all of the same class of car, with enough dice to go round. I don’t think I’ve ever played my physical copy with more than 4, certainly not more than 6.

9 Likes

@RogerBW evidence of more than 4 (5) for a lap at least

5 Likes

Good point sir!

2 Likes

Okay, so. I have a copy of Rallyman GT and World Tour set aside for me… but we have 6 copies of Rallyman Dirt coming in a week or so (theoretically).

The description makes it seem like Dirt includes everything from GT as well? Is it worth owning both if I only intend to play in the 3-4 player range?

I love race games, but I am also Le Poor, so I don’t want to get 2 boxes if 1 will do?

4 Likes