BOTC Bad Moon Rising

I will confirm for all that I am a townsperson. No lie.

I’m happy that this awful affair is behind us can let the night pass uneventfully.

1 Like

If we want to move to our second night, then please like this post.

5 Likes

Two likes, pillbox and Whistle_Pig. We have found our demon and minion! :stuck_out_tongue:

Or I’m just terrified of all of the roles and I hope that the night will reveal something interesting.

1 Like

They were also the last two to comment after the death of our beloved storyteller. Suspicious indeed.

Or just real life got in the way of forum posting or similar, but where’s the fun in being reasonable?

1 Like

I’m afraid the night is just going to reveal a dead person.

Sounds like deflection to me!

So what I gather from looking at the possible characters is that we might all be drunk… :beers:

Wouldn’t that be funny. Sorry, all this violence has really upset me, as I am a pacifist.

I am so sure that this could have been avoided by talking and understanding each other…

If nobody is claiming to know anything yet, we either don’t have a grandmother, or they are wisely keeping quiet about it so the demon doesn’t get an easy twofer.

First: I am not going to track any likes. We‘re not raising the paranoia level there.

And yes there is possibly a lot of drunkenness and very little no-ledge in this town. This makes me have a rules question: how does drunken-ness affect abilities?
For example could a drunk Sailor die? Or would a drunk Grandmother not die? And most of the drunken-ness (except for the Courtier‘s) lasts until dusk only. So the order in which the characters wake up at night seems to be really important here.

Or we may not have any of those characters, instead we could be a town of hard-to-kill people, right, Storyteller, right?

Takes off her glasses and scratches her head. „Where is he?“ Looks around, sees all the blood… „Oh, how could I forget, he was murdered. So much about being hard to kill. Has anyone seen a demon around? This sure looks like claw marks or horn pokes?“

1 Like

A drunk or poisoned character does not have their ability, but they think that they do - they still wake at night to use their ability or gain their information, but that information might be wrong. Both alive and dead players may be drunk or poisoned.

Their absent ability may not affect the game in any tangible way. A drunk Poisoner may not poison people, a poisoned Demon may not kill people, a drunk Virgin can not cause an execution due to their ability, etc.

2 Likes

Is that an official claim of a role?

2 Likes

You know what? I am going to name my role and see where it takes us (probably to the gallows).

I am the Minstrel. As such, I have no useful information whatsoever. Only way I am helpful is if we execute the minion, which makes everyone drunk for the night, and that may be a stretch of the definintion for “helpful”.

Discuss!

2 Likes

Probably not very useful but certainly won’t make you a target for any demoning.

It should be remarked that a poisoned Demon would not be able to kill at night.

1 Like

Yes, but a person not dying tells us almost nothing in this set of roles.

But it does mean the idea that a minstrel would not be a target for a demon is not entirely accurate. The Demon might not want to risk being stopped from acting one night because of a drunken rave.

2 Likes

Define official…

2 Likes