Badges: Are they Important?

Just wondered if anyone here actually tries to collect all the forum achievement badges.

Do you collect Badges poll.

• What are badges?
  • No
  • Yes I crave them
  • I see what you’ve done here Ross

0 voters

3 Likes

I love The Treasure of the Sierra Madre! :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t exactly collect them, but… I had really wanted Devotee, for being on every day for a year. But now that is farther than ever :cry: Ranks, however, are different… I always prided myself on being the least regular Regular around :nerd_face:

Some of the badges are annoying, especially right now when I’m new! But I’m not really new. I used a like! I get a notification! Yay me. I do kinda wish there were ones for just reading posts though, like 100 thousand posts… I could get those. Instead, most of them are “get 300 likes on 500 posts,” or whatever. Not much I can do for those anyway.

6 Likes

I always think of the spoof of Sierra Madre from UHF

Badgers??! We don’t need no stinkin’ badgers!!"

2 Likes

I love them, even if they are worth just nothing. It’s like the trophies system in videogames, they are worth nothing, but they’re cool.

Sort of like in Spain when they bring you a tapa when you order a drink. You didn’t ask for it, but isn’t it nice…???

1 Like

I have 58 badges on the old forum :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I like the badges. Like @GabrielH, I am sad I will not get Devotee on the old forum, as I accidentailly missed a day here and there, but now I can try here, right? Sure,.some are rather pointless, like first post, first like, etc., but it is kinda fun getting one when one of your posts gets a lot of likes and you have to go look to see what nugget of wisdom or off-the-wall joke pleased so many people.

2 Likes

I think I will be proud to earn new badges here; my old badges were getting quite dusty (since I never took the time to polish them)

2 Likes

I have 28 badges, but the one I’m most proud of is ‘Devotee’, which I share with the Elite Fifteen, as I refer to them on the definitely not fake gold trophy that I commissioned for myself and display on the mantle

7 Likes

I was not aware of such a film until I saw a reference to that quote from a bit on Al “Jazzbeaux” Collins during the BBC Arena documentary Slim Gaillard’s Civilisation.

(ugh, re-reading that, I’m not sure I can make sense of that either, but what the heck).

1 Like

It’s Blazing Saddles for me.

3 Likes

15 badges in the previous forum… bring it on…
Although there is one I am pretty sure I won’t get: New User of the Month. That one felt well cool :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I actually got that one for here! :slight_smile:

I won’t get it either.

2 Likes

Dammit! You beat me to it…

Hello fellow devotee. Are we bringing the super secret exclusive devotee room furnishings with us? I guess we won’t have anywhere to store them here though. Would they fit in your trophy cabinet?

(I was part proud of that trophy and part did I really have the free time to get that trophy?)

Ah, so waiting until the first of the month to join was a good idea! Now I just have to find something to contribute.

2 Likes

I have my own.

2 Likes

Soo, soo shiny…

Damn, this is a little bittesweet. Haha.

Also, I didn’t even realize I wasn’t a regular before.

2 Likes

Ahh, I was a member. That makes sense. Defintiely been more active in the past 100+ days than I ever was before. Well, guess I’ll just try to be active enough over the next 100 days here. Haha. See if I can hit regular in less than the 5.5 years it took there.

2 Likes