Anticipated games

Three more to add to my list:

1. Vampire: Vendetta - I have been playing this with friends on TTS, and despite an apparent imbalance between some of the clans, I am having a lot of fun with it and would like to play it in person.

2. Night of the Ninja - I really enjoyed what I saw of this in SU&SD’s preview, and it felt like a better ONUW, with quick rounds, a definitive end to the game, and more certainty of information. For the right price, I am very interested.

3. Tyrants of the Underdark - I have been interested in this for a while, as I have heard a number of people praise it, including some on the old forums. Hard to find these days at reasonable prices. Never expected a reprint, much less a second edition, and since they are removing the plastic pieces, it should be cheaper from the get-go, plus include the expansions. Really excited for this one.

6 Likes

I had to update my list a little bit a few new contenders have entered the ring not all new games… just games that weren’t available here for some time

• Radlands (KS)
  • Root Clockwork Expansion (Localization)
  • The King is Dead 2 (Localization)
  • Awkward Guests (Localization)
  • Factory Funner (KS rerelease, also Bear Raid)
  • TfM Ares Expedition (KS)
  • Meadow („this year‘s Calico“—Radho… he wasn’t wrong about Calico and I had a glance at this…)
  • Glass Road (Reprint)
  • Iberian Gauge (Rerelease?)

And last but never least: Terra Mystica: Innovation (thanks @pillbox for letting me know this is in the works for Essen 2021). Here is the only info I could find: https://youtu.be/oeVdEByFgIE

It is not even announced on their website yet. A standalone game set in a Renaissance/Steampunk world.

2 Likes
  • Kemet (still waiting)
  • Equinox (reprint of Knizia’s Colossal Arena)
  • Witchstone (Knizia)
  • Iberian Gauge

Im curious if Votes for Women would show up on retail :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

oh I forgot Equinox. it certainly looks pretty and gameplay looks good too. I just have to figure out in what part of my collection it would go and if that is already overflowing…

3 Likes

Oh my, I went through my lists again … and added even more games to the list for this year.

I also started one for next year :slight_smile: very short so far: John Company 2, Hidden Leaders and that Everdell Monster Box. My Kickstarteritis seems to be slowing down but then we are only in Q2 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay. I forgot about Siege of Runedar which is a co-op deck builder by Knizia. Co-op deckbuilder is a phrase that would send me running away, but I have faith on this guy since El Dorado was a hit on our group (and to me)

4 Likes

It’s a horribly generic name theme though. But then that’s also Knizia for you.

I’m mildly interested.

Peer Sylvester: check!

Osprey Games: check!

Celtic theme: check!

Trick-taking: …wait what?

Brian Boru: High King of Ireland | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

7 Likes

Art Deco mixed with a pun on the title. That’s how you win me. Only one Geekbuddy rated this game, and rated it with a 7. I’ll check out some videos to see what it’s like

Art Decko | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

2 Likes

It appears there have been significant changes to the early board design. And oh my god did they make good choices to that end. Early images look like impressionism in the LSD age.

[EDIT for example]

2 Likes

“Does the designer have normal colour vision?” “Yes, but they also really like their caffeinated sugar drinks.”

3 Likes

And how does it look now?

This is just from BGG for what it’s worth. From other images they have let the cards do the talking, aesthetically.

5 Likes

Quite tempted by the latest COIN game that’s on GMT’s P500 - The Pure Land
Set in the period just before Sengoku Jidai, there’s rival Samurai clans, Ikko-Ikki religious rebels and peasant revolts, it looks very interesting.

3 Likes

The cards do look pretty and I only bought High Society for that style.

2 Likes

As ever someone has already complained about the redesign…

1 Like

But if it’s called Art Decko, then having impressionist art makes no sense…

EDIT: Never mind, it was originally called Promenade.

2 Likes

They went to great lengths to make that pun happen. I’m ok with that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

This is what annoys me, but I’ll be fine it (I guess)

I mean, you could argue that the pun removes its association from the movement itself. It’s a deck builder about art, so, art deck-o (laughter ensues). It’s almost better that Art Deco isn’t in the game.

*Tangential arguments about Calico’s naming ensues. (It’s a game with cats about patchwork patterns… like the ones Calico cats have.)

[EDIT: Calico famously uses a ginger tabby on its cover.]

3 Likes