Anticipated games

Ogryns were the best

25th Anniversary Edition of Through the Desert with new modules coming from Steeped Games

Get in!

4 Likes

Wish it wasn’t Steeped Games. They hyperfocus on their Facebook echo chamber and ignore everything else.

2 Likes

What is this “Facebook” of which you speak?

3 Likes

Why does it need expansions?

Vlaada Chvátil Wants You to Keep on Trucking | BoardGameGeek News | BoardGameGeek

Keep on trucking :truck: :articulated_lorry: :pickup_truck:

2 Likes

The hype train for Arcs starts - Designer Diary 1 - What's all this, then? | Arcs

Hype train.gif

Not sure where I land on this.

2 Likes

Cosmic Encounter: Cosmic Odyssey | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

After 6 years! A new Cosmic expansion :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

To exactly nobody’s but my own surprise (apparently), the German preorder for JoCo2 has been delayed from “it starts today” to July!!! Meh. This is what I get for not backing the stupid KS. I have to complain–my disappointment is… the size of a Gloomhaven Box .

6 Likes

Did you play The new JoCo on TTS yet?

2 Likes

No I haven‘t had the time/energy and inclination to try it. It is not like I am in a hurry to play.

I think the preorder is being pushed back because the game isn‘t finished yet and he only wants to open the preorder when he knows when the copies will be there. Spielworxx is this 1 man show… so I get it. I am just miffed. Also there will be limited copies available in this print-run and I am reasonably sure it will sell out. Pax Pamir 2 keeps getting reprints… but there is no guarantee JoCo2 will get them. I am not even sure this will see the table much—but it is a game I want to own.

2 Likes

Similarly I never know if I will play it. Therefore it may be something I end up playing on TTS and looking at how pretty it looks on my shelf.

1 Like

I’d be up for a learning game on TTS. One of my gaming group has backed it

3 Likes

I’d be up for a learning game in a few weeks, gives me time to read up on the rules.

3 Likes

Rise & Fall

SVWAG beat me to it! But I saw it first!

Christophe Boelinger’s Archipelago wasn’t endearing with its theme. I thought the mish-mash of mechanisms has a unique personality compare to the others out there, even if it’s ultimately a mess. And now he’s making a 3D game with area control. OMG. I’m in already.

Septima

Never liked any MindClash game so far. But this one interest me both in theme and it’s area control. Never tried Cerebria…Should I?

3 Likes

I remember trying the card game at SPIEL once and we didn’t even think once about buying it. It was pretty meh. That’s all I remember though. I also thought Matt’s review of the big sibling wasn’t exactly motivating me to buy and I saw that at a time where I put almost every game I saw in a SUSD video on my wishlist.

But I agree Septima looks interesting. I don’t have enough games about Witches. (Possibly not even one?)

As for Rise & Fall… have you played Cooper’s Island (I haven’t, but I am somehow reminded of that)

2 Likes

I do really like the look of Septima :thinking:

Same some anticipation for the next one coming from Off the Page then (Mind MGMT). Their next game will be based upon the (exceptional) Harrow County.

1 Like

The few ones I owned were Quacks, The Witches, Wicked Witches Way, and Broom Service. And I’m looking for the ridiculously-hard-to-find Witches Brew. I didn’t notice until now how many witch-themed games I have bought because of the theme.

I saw it but never played. No interest on playing it. Had a suspicion that the 3D spatial gameplay was just secondary.

4 Likes

I had this and sold it after 2 games, played a third and didn’t regret moving it on. There are some interesting ideas in there but it felt too specific. Like you should probably play it a lot with the same group of 4. It’s odd because there’s a lot of setting up positions then the scoring goes and tends to fall quickly like a dominoes run and is over before you know it. There are some really interesting ideas in there but I wasn’t grabbed enough to make it the game I played most sessions to really get to grips with it’s subtleties and watch it shine.

4 Likes