Anticipated games

Me neither (although Broom Service is on my list).

1 Like

Witching Hour is a mildly obscure set-collection take-that game. It doesn’t do much with its witchy theme, but it’s there.

1 Like

Omg yeeees!! Im sure there will be a queue but idc. Seeing Ian Brody there makes it even better

Source: UKGE newsletter

6 Likes

Getting interested in Crescent Moon, the theme and asymmetric factions. 4-5 player counts pushes it to an arranged games night though.

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/Crescent_Moon_Design_Diary_1

3 Likes

I liked what I heard in the SU&SD podcast a few weeks ago. I just don’t see it ever hitting the table if I had it. The asymmetry would make it a bear to teach. I mean, our friends purchased Root sometime after we all got to try it at SHUX '18, and we haven’t played that together yet either. Maybe they’ve gotten it to the table themselves.

3 Likes

Haha almost gillette like to preempt the next 3 sisters/fleet the dice game kickstarter Fantasy Flight have made a roll and write with FOUR sheets to mess around with rather than the positively bland two sheets everyone seems to be doing now.

Marking the Galaxy - Fantasy Flight Games

4 Likes

“Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the RollAndWrite4Turbo. That’s four sheets and an aloe strip. For moisture.”

3 Likes

Hahaha.

Hopefully they won’t come with heated/vibrating pen.

2 Likes

Weren’t you the one who posted this at the beginning of the year, when War of the Ring: the Card Game was listed?

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I didnt know about WOTR tCG until now :rofl:

2 Likes

But this is from January!

5 Likes

Popcorn.gif

5 Likes

I have no recollection of this :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I really want Skull Canyon to be good. Can you ski in War of the Ring or in Splotterland? definitely cannot ski in Space

4 Likes

Oh no. They say the mind is the first thing to go…

4 Likes

lalunaverde may just have children (that he doesn’t know about?)

My partner and I used to make a point of identifying where each of us had forgotten something (dinner plans, picking up a loaf of bread at the store, paying the mortgage, etc; anything really).

But then children happened. I mean, I’m pretty sure that’s what happened; hard to tell for certain because my memory is a bit foggy.

5 Likes

I’m hardly one to talk. I consider myself lucky if I can remember what I had for dinner the previous day. It’s totally the kids and the lack of sleep they cause. Constantly getting up between 4 and 5 AM. Grumble.

5 Likes

In a delayed update I am still trying to learn this (JoCo2) to a point I would be comfortable to teach. It all seems fine until private enterprises.

I had a similar issue with Lisboa where the ships became one mechanic too many.

I will persevere. I still want to get a game of this online as I doubt I could pull this off in person.

4 Likes

I am now a simp for Christian Martinez.

3 Likes

I was more interested in the second game in that link.