Anticipated games

Thanks for the heads-up, I should have backed it for 1€ just to get the updates -.-
I actually read KS update emails most of the time–while gamefound just sends a link which I never click on.

Fingers crossed for An Infamous Traffic 2E!

3 Likes

Longshot: The Dice Game looks like dumb fun.

Can anyone put me off?

4 Likes

Looks like legitimate fun.

The only thing holding me back from chasing down a copy is how fiddly it looks. The clunky pieces on the tight board, and tracking money with dry-erase.

I think it’ll also suffer from the “7 Wonders” problem. It’s simple, but not simple enough to put in front of a table of non-gamers.

1 Like

Nah, it’s just a small game. Get a hat go to the races…

1 Like

Yeah, I’m also looking at Longshot, just not in stock anywhere at the moment.

1 Like

Money tracking will immediately be outsourced to Poker Chips

4 Likes

I have it on pre order. Should be arriving soon

1 Like

Well, y’all made me buy it.

There’s a USA to UK group buy going on so I’ve asked for the Barnes and Noble version to be added to that.

3 Likes

The guy who designed Kitara and the publisher who made Res Arcana got together to make a game:

I first saw this mentioned on some Dice Tower thing… and it looked really sweet.

Now someone wrote a review about it: First Empires - A deLIGHTful experience | First Empires

Really hope this makes it to Essen, and hopefully so will I. As I would definitely want to play before I buy as it looks deceptively simple. Roll dice, move explorers on the worldmap and advance civ tracks…

I mean I sold Res Arcana recently and never actually managed to play/buy Kitara… but just look at the candy colors in this game…

2 Likes

It’s fun. My partner and I don’t get into fighting games and we had a good time with it. It’s quite simple and really tight and you can assign a lot of bad things to crap dice rolls so it never feels too bad if it goes wrong.

One thing that I will say is that for 2 players the colours you use are orange and yellow only. The other colours are only used in larger player count games.

1 Like

Wait. …Wait.

The Marvel Champions April Fool’s announcement… wasn’t an April Fools and they’re actually releasing it?

Next hero pack: Spider-Ham. Yes. From Into the Spider-Verse. That one. As a playable hero. Yes. With cartoon physics to absorb damage and a cartoon mallet. They’re actually doing it.

4 Likes

They learned their lesson from Barkham Horror: people are going to want the joke product, so just make it for real.

4 Likes

I gather games workshop announced the return of Squats as well…

1 Like

But they just look like short Space Marines rather than biker mechanic vibe they used to have!

1 Like

They do not look like Space Dwarves.

Which is weird.

Didn’t they nuke, virus bomb and do everything to erase the squats?

1 Like

40k Meme

I thought they were on the ‘accepted’ list with Ratlings and Ogryns?

They also got ravaged by one of the Tyranid Hive Fleets. Behemoth? Leviathan? I can’t remember.

The last time I paid attention to 40k the Emperor was still asleep.

1 Like