Actual things you actually said (or heard) in the last 24 hours

My work there was done :grin:

2 Likes

OK, so this was in a game and doesn’t really count.

“I’m the only person here who’s been to medical school. I mean, it was at night and they didn’t know I was there, but…”

#NotANecromancerHonest

10 Likes

Just try to imagine he’s connected to a lot of other eyes in different dimensions and all on the same intergalactic space head.

3 Likes

Im a game of piracy set in 1660…

“It’s a bit rubbish to have a captain with Sailor 0.”
“We’re pre Pepys so it’s historically appropriate.”
“So now he just listens to his competent advisor?”
“No, that’s the reform Pepys will bring in, making sure he has a competent advisor.”

10 Likes

I’ll be honest; I could have sworn you were a person. I have many more questions now.

7 Likes

On days like this Im barely a keyboard.

7 Likes

“Right, I need some more protein in me. Are you up for it?”

5 Likes

I respectfully request the mercy of the court, and beg forgiveness for my inadvertent truncation.

3 Likes

“Is that percentile a jiggler?”

2 Likes

Investigating a Bag of Holding: “The weight stays the same. I think that means it’s also a Bag of Infinite Energy, but let’s not worry about that.”

“Presumably there was a product safety leaflet that came with it, but that’s long since been lost.”

12 Likes

Yes, that works. Take bag weight W, two loads of weight L (more than W but less than the bag’s capacity), and a vertical rope loop with a pulley at each end.

Load 1 is at the top, load 2 at the bottom, bag at the bottom attached to the rope.
Insert load 2 into bag.
Attach load 1 to top of rope.
Allow rope to run (load 1 falling is heavier than bag rising). Turning of pulley generates power.
Remove load 2 from bag (now at top) and detach load 1 from rope.
Allow rope to run (bag falling is heavier than no load). Turning of pulley generates power.
Repeat.

6 Likes

I do think that applying real world physics to a system which can literally generate food out of nothing and allow someone’s wish to change the rules of reality might be opening an infinite can of worms that even Schrodinger would balk at. See also Peasant Railgun.

10 Likes

Peasent Rail sounds like how the aristocracy play train games.

7 Likes

“Old people can be ever so awkward, you know.”

My mother, who is 80, complaining about “old people”…

11 Likes

“Yoga monks didn’t have to write risk assessments.”

7 Likes

“New rule. Anything Roger has as a matter of course in the real world, your team of well-equipped police have.”

(After I’d applied said rule to an IR pyrometer, and to a full offline map of the UK on the phone.)

4 Likes

…and a Leatherman tool, which was on my belt.

2 Likes

“shoes are an institution”

3 Likes

“Have you played Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion?”

2 Likes

This is genuinely a really good game! I have it on my Xbox.

3 Likes