Actual things you actually said (or heard) in the last 24 hours

I saw that a while ago and it really annoyed me as someone who finds odd time signatures quite natural. It’s a useful skill to learn, regardless of if you’re going to be playing in an odd time signature.

But I’m sure he’s right and there’s no way you could have a big hit song in 13/8 …

4 Likes

It’s one of those synchronicity things …

• Mrs DJCT and I go to see a show on the Edinburgh Fringe (Ian McKellen doing Hamlet soliloquys as ballet dancers prance around him)

• She books nearby restaurant for dinner afterwards, never having been there before

• Said restaurant has incredibly slow service, which exacerbates our impatience (this is c2045, and I last ate at 1215 and have 3 pints in me, plus an overabundance of ballet)

• So while we wait for an incredibly long time for service, then wine, then 45 minutes later our (admittedly better than average) food there is entertainment in the brightly lit bodega

• Of course this being in Stockbridge (hipsterville if hipsters actually had more money than Croesus), said entertainment was a jazz duo (sax, guitar, occasional incomprehensible crooning)

• It was awful, and incredibly loud. So loud we were sat directly opposite each other and could barely hear.

• Which made the long wait even more excruciating….

And so Hot Jazz ruined my dinner, and then …

I come home, check Tekeli, and all you are talking about is Jazz. Mind blown.

And I have had a jazz induced headache since!

15 Likes

Nopr, no way at all, apparently:

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I mean, it’s Genesis, so are you really missing out?

3 Likes

“Would you like some… Greek Delight?”

1 Like

Nothing my VPN couldn’t fix. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ouch! Sick burn!

Really, the joke’s on me, as I now have it stuck in my head.

(It’s Turn it on Again, for anyone who can’t see it.)

That is definitely going in my Top 30 Favourite Proclamations.

But frankly, it’s August, you’re in Embra, SIW. Unless you live locally, in which case commiserations, but you’ld not have been out. I last troubled the place in August in 1983.

2 Likes

(female bandmember to male bandmember)
“So which hole are you going in?”

3 Likes

To be fair I do live in Embra and am native. I have always been a big fan of the festivals. This was one step beyond … and the jazz wasn’t even a fringe show (where I embrace and enjoy the chance of terribleness) it was a choice of the bar owner!

5 Likes

“First, she had a banana facial…”

4 Likes

“I could have whacked out a lemon drizzle with ease.”

4 Likes

“I’ve got the Rosetta Stone on my socks.”

6 Likes

Give the child an ice pack.

child: DAD, how is this supposed to be cold?

me: the latent heat of fusion.

child: I don’t want fusion!

4 Likes

A: “If you received an apologetic email which started with ‘My sincere apologies’, would you infer that other apologies from that person may not be sincere?”

B: “You are definitely over-thinking this.”

7 Likes

My insincere apologies for the distress this has caused you.

4 Likes

I am now having meta thoughts about “deepest condolences”. Are there shallow ones I was not aware off…?

4 Likes

This morning I find myself wondering what was meant by the investigator who reported that they had sent “an apathetic letter” to the victim of a crime.

7 Likes
4 Likes