Actual things you actually said (or heard) in the last 24 hours

I don’t think I have anything that plugs into my TV via HDMI that’s more than 3’ from it :thinking:

2 Likes

Interesting.

Probably regional differences. I think mounting TVs on walls is super common around here… and I live in an area of the US with insanely cheap large houses (which is basically all we have going for us here), so it’s pretty common for AV components to be on a shelf or something quite far from the TV.

Well to continue the theme, last time I discussed mounting a TV on the wall with my wife, she said ‘I don’t want to feel like I’m in the front row seats at the cinema’. She has a point - I think people have TVs way to high for the size of the rooms in this country.

3 Likes

While something inside of me acknowledges the accuracy of this statement, my anger at this 3’ HDMI cable is drowning it out.

I’ll swap you for the 2m one I just ordered :laughing:

1 Like

Since this has become a matter of practical debate, I only need 2 kinds of HDMI cables in my house. Roughly 18" / 0.5 meter when I’ve got a stack of A/V equipment and need to connect, say, a bluray to the receiver. Here a 3’ creates unnecessary clutter. And 6-10’ (2-3m) when running a source to a display.

Here I’ve got a computer monitor and a laptop dock that are about 4’ apart as the cable runs.

3’ is generally the anti-goldilocks. It’s the lukewarm HDMI cable of Revelation 3.

3 Likes

I was going to say “send me your shipping address!” Ha.

I’m all set with a 6’ DVI I found under my bed.

2 Likes

“There are two wolves inside me, and one of them’s a crow.”

3 Likes

Me, I’m just working at Walmart;

Guy going past (really loudly)
“I wonder if witchcraft has artificial flavors, hallucinogens and stuff, for that psychological effect on the mind.”

Apparently he’s addressing me, so I just agree :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Sounds like the safest course of action.

1 Like

“I’m ready for my bottom day of art.”

[long pause]

“What is my bottom day of art?”

3 Likes

“It may not be Mad Science, but there’s still good money in Unethical Science.”

8 Likes

Let’s remember to keep the tone on the lighter side of conspiratorial serial killing.

9 Likes

“We’re slightly too many flunkies for a senior engineer.”

“Well, I could do that and it would open up the game a bit… but that would cause more confusion.” [6 Nimmt!]

1 Like

As a person who has just upgraded their churches AV/PA system and said church is doing a series on Revelation this was far too funny to me.

1 Like

“I’ve always thought Fiona Bruce would like Rice Pudding”.

2 Likes

“I read that Lou Ottens, the dutch inventor of the cassette tape died yesterday at 94 years old. At least he got to see 90.” (I doubt my friend made that splendid pun himself, though.)

5 Likes

If you want a good pun, i heard someone say yesterday, “Why are the governemnt calling the way out of all this as ‘the roadmap’? Theyve missed a trick - they should have called it ‘The Road to De-Mask Us’…”

10 Likes

“Oh man. I ate the entire Red Baron.”

4 Likes