Where on Earth are you!? Show us the sights from your part of the world

Hope you got out before they started

Nope, but the picture doesn’t show the noise-canceling headphones we wore. Have a video too but I can’t upload that.

3 Likes

Why were you in the belfry while they were ringing?

3 Likes

To see it happen. I went with two of my friends who are part of the bell-ringing group. I got to try my hand at it a bit and watch them do some of the patterns.

6 Likes

1cm of snow here in south Buckinghamshire, and instant panic on the roads. Even when it’s the same people who will tell you it always snowed at Christmas when they were boys. But it helps keep the fish warm.

Yesterday:

Today:

8 Likes

Celebrating away in the kingdom of the mouse.

15 Likes

And the most important family photo:

Also, we spotted this impounded jetpack which appeared to have faint Whartson Hall property tags on it:

9 Likes

My jet pack! That’s where it got to!

7 Likes

Not Babbs Mill, then.

2 Likes

At my parents’ for Christmas. Growing up I thought this place was rubbish, but now I’m an adult, it really is rather lovely

Also, we went to a fantastic tea room which has a bonkers toilet that looks like an escape room

13 Likes

That is pretty, and looks familiar, Where is it, approximately?

2 Likes

It’s Ely in Cambridgeshire

3 Likes

Ah, then I have seen it before. I’m in Cambridge, and often travel northwards past Ely.

4 Likes

At the grocery store. Somehow, I was expecting to have to pay more.

8 Likes

I assume that’s the price per pound? :thinking: still cheaper than some beef

3 Likes

Light frost in Loudwater:

5 Likes

Didn’t take pics as I was cursing under my breath but ooop in the North West it was a solid 2 cm of snow

5 Likes

Went base over apex outside the village shop last night because of ice on the road. Elbow still smarting today.

5 Likes

We have a short 1-in-6 slope from house up to road (which is now resin-bonded gravel, fairly decent with thin ice though of course it can’t do much about heavy snow). When I moved in, the neighbours said “oh, it never snows much round here”. One winter in three it’s been heavy enough that I needed some sort of assistance (e.g. shoe spikes).

6 Likes

Canadians reading that must be scratching their heads like… so?

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes