When is the site going to get a name?

Seems weird to still have the default Discourse template title after all this time.

3 Likes

RogerBWā€™s bumper board game chatathon?

1 Like

It will probably get a name the same day we figure out one for the Oath campaigne :wink:

I think it should be something (the site) referencing the many on-going conversations.

Which this does. Doesnā€™t it? We also had some naming ongoing and a logo something something including meeples, arms and a reference pear?

ā€œPear-shapedā€?

1 Like

One of the users did some drafts of a logo but they never got it finished to their satisfaction. I would be happy to see artwork from other people.

1 Like

Honestly, you can throw that image up whenever - thereā€™s always seems to something going on that stops me re-visiting it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry. :pensive: LIFE

But I would love to seem what someone else can do! :relaxed:

(Seriously, I feel really guilty about this. Somebody else make something so I can stop feeling guilty. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

2 Likes

I mean, Iā€™m the resident Lord here so youā€™re technically all my vassals. So maybe we could call it ā€˜Nickā€™s placeā€™ or ā€˜All Hail Nickā€™ or similar?

3 Likes

But then your nickname will not be correct anymore. You have to rename yourself to Lordofā™¾

1 Like

Oh rats thatā€™s a good point. LordOfInfinite has a nice ring to it, even if itā€™s the exact opposite point of my original nickname.

4 Likes

I would be quite confused if the site ended up being called anything other than Tekeli-li.

4 Likes

I propose we call the site Dave.

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™m afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. Iā€™m aā€¦ fraid.

2 Likes

Exactly. I thought that was the name and didnā€™t realize that anyone thought otherwise.

And Nick, while I admire your humilityā€¦ no.

3 Likes

Same here. Tekeli-li should be on the title. Tekeli-li Caverns, perhaps??

1 Like

Add me to the group who didnā€™t know that Tekeli-li wasnā€™t the actual name of the place. I like it, it sounds like a board game name.

Although Chatathon does have a certain ring to it.

2 Likes

The short history is that I registered the domain tekeli.li in 2005, and used it for role-playing stuff (Iā€™ve played relatively little Call of Cthulhu until recently but Iā€™ve always liked the approach). When the UK Roleplayers forum shut down suddenly in late 2017 I set up this place under the obvious-seeming name discussion.tekeli.li, as a potential replacement (using the Discourse software I already knew and liked from the SU&SD forum)ā€¦ but I wasnā€™t particularly known there and most people went somewhere else with a more conventional forum type interface (which I donā€™t like at all). So this place ambled along for a bit until, about April 2020, there was the announcement that the SU&SD official forums were shutting down and I was able to say ā€œhey, you know me, Iā€™m running basically the same software, come on overā€.

9 Likes

Could always go with ā€˜Rogerā€™s Placeā€™

:wink:

3 Likes

Rogerā€™s Chat Emporium!

2 Likes

The Rogerium

5 Likes