What Should I Play? (Help me decide)

I’ve used GeekGroup to create a random selection of my soloable board games.

Wondering if the people around here have any interest in guiding my solo gaming? What should I play next?

If you do, feel free to vote. If you have a particularly passionate viewpoint for (or against?) any of the games listed, or perhaps something I own that’s not currently in the poll, please feel free to share.

• Ausonia
  • Baseball Highlights: 2045 (suggest an expansion or two!)
  • Clinic: Deluxe Edition
  • Dice City
  • Empyreal: Spells & Steam w/As Above So Below
  • Fantastic Factories
  • Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set
  • Under Falling Skies
  • Space Cadets: Away Missions
  • Troyes

0 voters

4 Likes

I selfishly voted for Away Missions for the high potential of a solidarity run. I don’t need much of an excuse to have a session of that one.

2 Likes

I know this is a bit late, but I used to really like Dice City. I found it frustrating as there is one upgrade building which is easily the best of all possible options. I wonder if this would be less frustrating as a solo? Any way, if you do play solo let me know how it goes as I think there’s a great bunch of mechanisms and interesting decisions in that game and it would be interesting to know if solo is a good way to play it

1 Like

Way back when, I had bought Dice City with high hopes for the multiplayer experience. What I found was pretty dull and, due to my personal nature, AP-induced stress of slowing down the game. So I pretty much immediately put it on my “to sell/trade” pile. But the pandemic happened and I decided to give it a go as a solo game before listing it for sale.

I quite liked the puzzle of the solo game. I don’t think I’ll ever try to play it multiplayer again. But, it’s on this list because it’s been long enough since I’ve played it that I don’t really remember much about the experience.

1 Like

So I fired up TTS to try out Dice City solo. I found it really boring. Caveats I don’t often like solo gaming, having played enough to see astring strategy there wasn’t much puzzle or interest. Glad I did it though as I’lls top wondering if the game coud be improved with teh very expensive expansions. My time in Dice City is over.

1 Like

That’s fair enough. It’s a bit of a contemplative puzzle… and the realm of “solo contemplative puzzles where you build your tableau, seeking combos” is vast and far-reaching.

1 Like