What are you spinning?

It is a fantastic lineup :slight_smile: I am most excited for the new Arch Enemy album, Within Temptation (finally at a metal festival again), Amorphis, Jinjer, Blind Guardian, Paradise Lost and Mr Hurley und die Pulveraffen. I am a little disappointed because the original 2020 lineup also had Opeth … and normally there is not a Summerbreeze festival without both Amon Amarth and Powerwolf.

Other bands I have on my radar are JBO, Eisbrecher, Korpiklaani, Dark Tranquility, Infected Rain, Finntroll, Alestorm and Svalbard. Turbobier and Feuerschwanz are just funny. I have a bunch more on the playlist that I need to listen to. That‘s how I initially discovered Jinjer or found out I liked Arch Enemy as much as I do :slight_smile: Or many many years ago found out about Within Temptation those were still Napster times though…

Bloodywood sounds pretty good, they are on the list, just a bit further down. And I couldn‘t find Hawxx on Tidal or they would be on it -.-

1 Like

They’re not at the festival, but if you like Jinjer, I’d highly recommend Spiritbox. They just released a new EP which is really good.

2 Likes

Holy Hell, Blind Guardian, Amorphis, Ensiferum, Death Angel… That’s some QUALITY stuff right there.

Sorta drifted away from Alestorm and Korpiklaani, but they’re super fun. Also, I saw Nekrogoblicon at Heavy Montreal 2019, they give a fantastic show.

2 Likes
2 Likes

What?

1 Like

Weird music that I’ve encountered recently that I’ve really enjoyed the music but I don’t like the singers…

(Yes, I have started playing Cyberpunk 2077… how did you know?)

One of the nice things about this six month Apple Music trial is being able to try albums I never took a chance on, or meant to buy but forgot to. Tonight I’m trying a solo album by Tom Bailey, better known for The Thompson Twins and Babble.

Wait what? Have you listened?

My partner’s dad sent me this link with no context earlier. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5 Likes

No. I just don’t understand how it would work.

That was…different. I liked it!

2 Likes

Sorry, not sorry

This just wrecked my Friday night productivity. I had things! To do! Probably?

[EDIT] I don’t know if this is cool or not but I’m listening to The Cat by Jimmy Smith. It’s not my favorite Jimmy Smith work, but might be my favorite Jimmy Smith album? Figure that one out!

1 Like

End of an era.

I’m gonna have to set a spoiler tag here, but don’t be too worried (polite society and all). If anyone has any love for dirtbag garage punk, The Chats have a new LP. My neck is sore after this one.

[EDIT] I’ll leave the tags just in case, but it doesn’t look like the cover is popping.

Good stuff - these guys are just up the road from me

1 Like

A buddy of mine turned me onto Amyl and The Sniffers after seeing what The Chats are about. I can’t say I’m disappointed here either. Low class punk forever!

[EDIT] I guess I’m supposed to admit to what I’m spinning. Let’s just go with Blood Duster and advise not to worry about the album title.

Sadly, I didn’t have the time to “learn” the full album before the festival. So I am doing that now…

This is the one that keeps playing in my head :slight_smile:
I am really enjoying the album and I apprecaite that my music app lets me read the lyrics :slight_smile:

1 Like

I heard this and I couldn’t not share it.

Lovely language, and gosh what a neat little tune. But who knows, maybe all Welsh music is equally enchanting?

Oh, definitely.

1 Like