Watcha Wearin'? A Thread about Wristwatches

A black dial SARB today:

3 Likes

That is almost exactly the aesthetic I prefer. However, I wear mine on the inner surface of my wrist, so that I don’t bang it into things; it looks like yours is on the outer surface.

1 Like

I am not wearing a watch for a while since my last one cracked a few months ago (and I suspect until my birthday in December I will be watchless) but yesterday my daughters gave me this… I could not stop smiling all day, bless them.

2 Likes

I find myself unreasonably tempted by this classy number:

5 Likes

Go for it! There’s too many Mickey Mouse watches in the world. A Charlie Brown watch would be a mark of distinction. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Different SARB today.

4 Likes

Wow. I thought for sure I was going to track down the other one; I might like this one even more. Definitely a watch that agrees with my sensibilities.

1 Like

You may have some trouble as the SARB033, 035, and 017 have all been discontinued. You might be able to find some NOS in Japan. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s SPEEDY TUESDAY!!!

3 Likes

SARB035 on a dark brown CWL leather band.

1 Like

Mine’s Timex rather than Seiko, but the aesthetic is almost exactly the same. I guess you might call it “minimalist.”

I’m going to have to track down one of these SARBs. They are gorgeous and just my style.

They are very hard to find now (and lots of new listings are for fakes) Seiko still offers similar watches for the Japanese market. This is off the Saya Japan website (they are a trustworthy JDM international dealer):

1 Like

How sad! :cry: that one just doesn’t hold my attention quite as well.

I’ll have to chat with my cousin; I think he has dabbled in buying watches on eBay and from estate sales in the past (probably with some level of success, knowing him). Too bad he’s not on this forum, as he’d have lots of watches to share on this thread.

eBay or Chrono24 will be your best bets. You can always check Long Island Watch Co. They sell JDM stuff in the USA. The 035 is out of stock, but they might have something else for you.

https://www.longislandwatch.com/

1 Like

Oris Pointer-Date today:

2 Likes

It’s been over a month, but I’ve worn the Speedy virtually non-stop. Switched to this today.

2 Likes

I don’t like wearing watches on my wrist.

Now I think of it I don’t much like wearing anything on my wrist but wristwatches have never been comfortable for me. They are either too tight or too loose or if they have those chunky, stretchy bands they catch the hairs on my wrist in the joints.

I have worn watches back in the day. For about ten to fifteen years I wore a stop watch around my neck, not because I needed to go for a run or anything but because it would provide me with the time. (Nowadays I keep my keys on a thong around my neck.)

I haven’t worn any sort of watch since I started carrying a smart phone and I don’t suppose I will again but if I did it would be a fob watch, either hanging from my jacket lapel and hiding in my breast pocket or tucked into my waistcoat assuming I ever start wearing one again.

Funny enough, I have been a good 6 months without wearing a watch, and I have found it somehow liberating. I check the time a lot less now, I think when I was wearing one I checked the time nearly as a nervous tick sometimes. And it has not affected my punctuality, which I was under the impression that it would, which is a bonus.

On the other hand (no pun intended), I wouldn’t be able to carry stuff hanging around my neck. I used to wear necklaces in my early twenties, and somehow I would always had this tiny little verruca-like blisters growing on my neck, that I had removed many times, until a doctor told me that wearing strap-like necklaces was the cause. Once the necklaces went out, no more funny growths, so there you go.

BBB today.

3 Likes