V-Commandos: Victory

Ah, forgot that about medium tiles. Been spoiled by either no enemies on the terrain, or being in uniform from the last mission.

Oh bother on the failed stealth check.

Spy brings uniform and crowbar with him when moving and gives the uniform to the Officer before enemy reinforcements arrive.

Definitely.

@discobot roll 2d6.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Sadness may be part of life but there is no need to let it dominate your entire life. — Byron Pulsifer

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

OK, that guard is shot.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
I think the problem with your initial roll request was the full stop at the end.

He drops: another airdrop, which you might as well take.

Since Bruno is still visible, all enemies move towards him. The one who can now see him takes a shot:
2d6: 1 + 1 = 2 for 4+

Bruno is fine! (But still visible.)

Turn 4

This is the point at which I wish I’d taken the character who can throw TNT charges…
Bruno can’t close-combat while visible, and if he leaves while that enemy’s alive they’ll shoot at him again.

An idea:
Officer shoots W until Bruno is on his own in the room, then shoots E.
Bruno moves E to become stealthy as soon as he can, and shoots E if still needed.
Spy moves E to turn off the alarm.

(I’m running an RPG session today so there may be a pause.)

Sounds good to me!

How about this. Officer Assault E, which lets Bruno and Spy shoot for free (as it works for all commando’s on the same terrain, right?) Bruno hopefully shoots the guy with him while Officer and Spy try to clear out the alarm room. Officer uses final action to pick off stragglers, either on Bruno’s tile or in the alarm room.

Bruno moves E, takes crowbar, window climbs N, uses crowbar to seal entrance.

Spy shoots E if any troops remain, moves E, silences alarm.

How does that sound?

The odds are not great. The assault sends 4 dice east, and a further shot from the officer and the spy adds another 4d, making 8d needing 4s, for an average of 4 enemy killed. There’s no margin of safety.

Other option would be to have Bruno move E and shoot E until the room is clear, saving if possible. Since the Officer would go first, we can see what the results are before Bruno goes.

We need to get rid of that enemy with Bruno before he moves, or he’ll get shot. This is a game where you really do not want to get shot: you lose actions, and the enemies swarm you before you can finish the mission.

If he shoots the guard and moves stealthily E, he’s out of actions. If he moves non-stealthily, there’s no point in turning off the alarm: it will just go off again.

Ah, true. If you do not move to a small tile, you will remain visible, unless you use up 2 of your actions to move stealthily into the medium tile. However, if the Assault lets you take out the guy on your tile, you can move stealthily and still have an action left for shooting if needed. If not, you do not need to move stealthily if you continue on to do the window move I suggested.

Basically, we should wait and see what the Assault brings us, if @RogerBW thinks it is a good idea.

OK, assault gains a net 1 action, which is probably worth doing. So:

• Officer assaults (O shoots E, spy shoots E, Bruno shoots in his own room)
  • Officer uses third action to shoot W if Bruno isn’t clear, otherwise E (which won’t be clear yet in the best case).
  • Bruno shoots in own room again if he has to, moves E to become stealthy, if he has a spare AP shoot E or save.
  • Spy shoots E if needed, moves E, turns off alarm.

I think that’s the best plan. @COMaestro ?

Agreed. Let’s do it

OK. Officer assaults [2AP] producing:
Bruno shoots in his tile 2d6: 3 + 5 = 8 for 4+
Officer shoots E 2d6: 5 + 4 = 9 for 4+
Spy shoots E 2d6: 5 + 5 = 10 choosing one for 4+

Bruno’s is dead. Drops: first aid kit, which he can put up without penalty.
Three killed to the E: drops crowbar, uniform, StG44.
Officer takes a final shot to the E: 2d6: 1 + 3 = 4 for 4+

No hits. Bruno moves E to become stealthy (2AP) and shoots E:
2d6: 5 + 2 = 7 for 4+