V-Commandos: Victory

OK. Spy is up and in uniform; everyone has +1AP.
Enemy reinforcements (n e ws wn):
enemy-1-gasmask
enemy-2
zero
zero
Enemy movement: N (nobody moves)
Enemy shooting: none.

Turn 2

Thoughts: an east move is a problem for the wn entrance; we can’t all hide in the medium room. And if we kill the machine-gunner he’ll be replaced at the end of the turn.

I think we have to move more slowly. I could go N, shoot door N, back S, save.

Yup. I’m inclined not to blow the first gas barrel yet; we might want it behind us. So I might go E, shoot machine gunner, W.

Remind me how large tiles and visible works. If you go visible (automatic on large tiles), does there need to be an alarm for that to be an issue, or will enemies move towards you anyway?

I am thinking of going E, E, shoot N, since I believe the uniform keeps me stealthy in large tiles.

Normally: entering a large tile automatically makes you visible, and if anyone is visible at any time the alarm is immediately triggered. Being visible does indeed call the enemies towards you.

While you are wearing the uniform, you treat all tiles as though they were small.

@COMaestro asked for a die roll:
Okay, thanks. So large tile is out for you guys at the moment. I will still go this way, though, and see if I can clear the way a bit.

So E, E, 2d6: 1 + 5 = 6

I will choose the 5. Guy N of the large tile goes down.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
I might as well try for the machine-gunner. E, shoot N, W (not using my saved AP).
2d6: 4 + 5 = 9 for 5+

Enemy in SE room drops a crowbar. Enemy in MG nest drops an airdrop.

Bruno, any plans?

That crowbar will be helpful.

Note, the Spy should be on the large tile in the picture.

1 Like

Bruno goes N, shoots N to open that door, then back S.

OK. Reinforcements in order as before:
enemy-2
zero
enemy-officer
enemy-2

Um. That could be bad.
Enemies move east. The nature of the officer is that he moves two spaces, taking with him all enemy units sharing his start tile. So that’s a stealth check for the Spy:
d6: 3 spotted on 1

No enemy shooting.

Turn 3

Alas, we can’t use crowbars to block internal doors. So there will be at least three enemy in the SE room at the end of the turn.
Spy can close-combat the enemy officer, and I think should.
Officer and Bruno can get into the south-central room but only by expending all AP and passing stealth checks. If we don’t do that… hide in the machine-gun tile?

Why don’t you both go N, N, shoot E, move E? I will close combat officer, move N, shoot lock, and move W. We will all be in the central room that way and there will be no enemies coming into our area, right?

A medium tile takes two actions to move into stealthily. Spy’s all right thanks to the uniform, but the rest of us would use up all our actions on movement (including the saved +1) and have nothing left for killing that guard.

How about this: I go N, N, shoot W, save, so I can do something about any enemy that enters wn, Officer uses his 4 movement to get into the centre room.

That means a stealth check (and note that the effect of the dog special enemy is that you auto-fail its stealth checks). But I can’t see any other way of doing it.

OK:
Bruno: N, N, shoot E, hold on to saved +1
2d6: 1 + 3 = 4 looking for a 3+; if that works, continue with
Officer: N, N, 2E
Spy: close-combat officer, N, shoot lock, W

Regular enemy drops: TNT charge
Officer drops: enemy uniform
I’ll assume Spy brings the crowbar too. Officer would quite like the uniform.
Reinforcements:
enemy-2
enemy-2
enemy-2
enemy-2-gasmask

Stealth check for that last one vs Bruno:
d6: 2 spotted on 1-2

Well, bother. I take it Bruno would like to shoot him?