V-Commandos: Time Pencil

Cool, kill the guard and save my last action to loot next round. What does he drop?

Sorry to be flippant about the guard death. I’ll think about it after the mission.

A Spotted token, which has no effect as there are no enemy left alive on that tile.

Enemy reinforcements:

• North:
    enemy-2-hammer
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
    enemy-1
  • South
    enemy-1
    enemy-3
    enemy-1

Northern enemy moves north. Southern enemy moves west. No visible targets for enemy fire.

Turn 12

North event:

South event:

…so we have no idea where the enemy will end up…

Bruno will come up, move W and save.

In the south, I guess one of us tries to wipe out the enemy to the south, and we both want to end up at least one east of there - ideally in the corner but that may not be possible. Your grenades or my PPS.

Okay, I’ll loot, then stealth south (no save). Just need to get to the exit!

By “loot” do you mean “spend 2 AP to gather the objective”? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have played too much Greyhawk, haven’t I?

Ooh. Defect alarm system - ho did that happen? Harry turns around holding two broken cables in his hand.

Chug a grenade S, catch!
@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 2, 3, 1, 3

Darn duds. Pull the trigger on the second. Wait three seconds. Deliberately aim and deliver the second one between the feet of the Wehrmacht guards,
@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 6, 3, 2, 6

pickup the stuff laying around, move S, move E

Ignore the hideous bits strewn about in the first South field…

Actually since the alarm is silent at the start of the turn it’s the “explosions don’t trigger the alarm” effect. The grenades aren’t “explosions” in this sense and they do trigger it.

Drops are StG44 and Bombardment. Gander and I will follow, picking up dropped equipment just in case - and with a spare action, Gander will bark before we move, thus providing an enemy sighting in that northern tile so that the new enemies go north after it.

Reinforcements:

• North:
    enemy-1/zero
    enemy-3/enemy-3
  • South
    enemy-2/enemy-2-hammer
    enemy-2/enemy-1
    enemy-1/enemy-3

The northern event card is a move east. Southern is a move west, but they chase the barking instead.
No visible commandos.

Turn 13

North event:

South event:

There are 18 enemy left in the bag, and normal end-of-turn events will bring on 10, so that’s all right. I think we can all get out this turn: Death Cheater moves 2, opens trap, enters; Scout can get there and enter; Sniper moves two and enters; Bruno moves two and enters.

Yup, we’re done. Good game, and we seem to be getting the hang of it. I’d like to play the next scenario.

Well done everyone! That actually went surprisingly smoothly! Definitely up for more.

I’ll start a new thread in the morning.

New thread for Freyja: