V-Commandos: Starter

A thought: all shack up in the NW corner. Medic could scoop up that extra charge from the south on the way, if Sapper and Scout can clear it out.

OK, Scout will start. Blow the charges. Move openly onto the large tile (1). Shoot into the NW tile with the StG44.

@discobot roll 3d6.

:game_die: 5, 2, 1

And shoot again:

@discobot roll 3d6

:game_die: 5, 3, 6

NW tile is clear, move W to go stealthy. No saved action.

Spotted, Spotted, TNT.

In which case we don’t necessarily need the other TNT charge. Medic will shoot E once for 3+, then W, W.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 4, 4

Grenade, Spotted.

Bother, I should have left that to the Sapper, and risked a shot south at the end. Oh well, committed now; I don’t think the Sapper has anyone left to shoot.

@Lordof1?

While we’re waiting, I’m wondering if it is worth getting out in the SE corner, because there’s quite a bit of loot lying around. Having some spare explosives is interesting to me, because I’m wondering about using them to remove awkward walls on the next stage.

It’s certainly tempting. If next turn’s move isn’t N, we could potentially clear that room and the large tile, and let the scout dap in and out while we gather in the NE.

Hi chaps, I’m so sorry, I’m going to drop out, I’m just not really getting regular time to sit down and study the board. So sorry

N

Too bad, but fair enough.

@JGD shall we play the Sapper jointly?

(Or anyone who’s following along would be welcome to jump in.)

Nobody has jumped in, so yes, let’s play him jointly. Shall we move him here, or leave him where he is?

That’s a very good question. The south room will have, hmm, one enemy in it next turn. I ought to be able to roll a single 3+ on eight dice (ho ho) to clear it, at which point you go in, plant, out. As long as it’s not a north-moving enemy we ought to be fine leaving the sapper where he is - then he can help clear the central tile if needed.

So on balance I think he stays where he is.

I don’t think the enemy to the south can move south? There’s no door for them?

Argh. I keep failing to spot that.

OK, so it’ll be five in there, in which case we probably do want the Sapper over here. You might even pass the Medic that StG44.

OK, have the StG44, and I’ll pick up the charge that’s lying here. Bring the Sapper over.

• Enemy reinforcements
    zero
    enemy-1-hammer (north crowbar breaks)
    enemy-2
    enemy-1
    enemy-3
    zero
    enemy-1
    enemy-1
  • Enemy move S
  • No enemy fire

Turn 7

My thought then is:

Sapper shoots BAR S twice, E, E to crater
Medic shoots StG44 S once, E, E to crater, saving one AP for the reinforcements from the N entrance
Scout goes in, plants, out.