V-Commandos: Starter

OK with me. I’ll shoot the sapper:

@discobot roll 6d6

:game_die: 1, 1, 2, 6, 1, 2

That’s … rather disappointing. One enemy down, four left. Shall we keep the sapper here and have him shoot some more?

The one fellow you hit must be feeling a bit unlucky.

Drops: crowbar.

If the sapper shoots more, rather than spending his last two actions to duck out and going to a small tile (which might be back where he is now), he’ll be visible at the end of the round and at least four enemy will shoot him.

If the medic plans to stay here rather than move east, he can take two 3-dice shots rather than one. I think that’s worth doing.

For 3+:
@discobot roll 6d6

That was an edit so it didn’t work.

For 3+:
@discobot roll 6d6

:game_die: 2, 5, 1, 3, 5, 1

Grenade, Spotted, MG42; leaving just one 1-point enemy in place. Up to you whether you think it’s worth the risk; I’d probably go for it.

I’ll go for it. In, plant, out.

OK. Moving in, spotted on 1-2:
@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 3

This also lets you bring back the loot.

• Enemy reinforcements:
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
    enemy-2-hammer
    zero
    enemy-2
  • Enemy movement is E
  • No enemy fire

Turn 8

Clearly we could blow the last objective and run south, getting out next turn. If we want to get those extra bits of equipment, I think it’s back to the crater tile, with the medic saving an AP for a silent shot against the reinforcements in the N entrance, and the others where possible saving APs for general massacre next turn (there’ll probably be a full set of 8 enemies on that medium tile with all the loot)…

Maybe I’m confused, but if we go to the crater tile. won’t we each have to pass a visibility check from the enemy on there? With three of us, someone’s likely to be spotted. We’ll also loose a chunk of firepower when someone rolls a 1.

I think it’s better to take the shorter route out. What do you reckon?

I was assuming we’d shoot the enemy on the crater as part of this turn’s crossing. It’s certainly more risky, particularly given the event card, but it gets us another explosive charge and a first aid kit.

If we take the safe option, it’s all wait and save, then detonate the last charge after this turn’s enemies have moved in; next turn south, south, someone opens the trapdoor and we all get out.

OK, let’s try it: Scout moves openly to the big tile, shoots the enemy on the crater tile with MG42:

With some padding:

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 1, 2, 2, 3

Rats. Can I go stealthy onto the crater tile, or do I need to retreat when I came?

You can’t become stealthy in place. If you try to stealth onto the crater tile and are spotted, you’ll be visible at the end of the round and everyone will shoot you.