V-Commandos: Starter [Dec 2020]

Even better. Sapper can do a shot or two if needed.

Though I guess you will still be visible? Unless you spend 2 to move stealthily back to the medium tile?

Yes, Sapper has no means of being stealthy on a large tile.

OK, Bruno executes his part: S, W(2), block S entrance.

(I have an RPG session to run - will do this later.)

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Bruno: S, W, block.
Sapper: detonate, take grenade, S, W, throw grenade N.
4d6: 2 + 6 + 1 + 4 = 13 for 2+

I’ll take the two élites and a 2-pointer.

@COMaestro is up.

@COMaestro asked for a die roll:
Use ability to shoot at the NW tile.

2d6: 3 + 2 = 5

I choose the 3, still misses. Disable alarm.

Check.

Reinforcements:

• enemy-3
  • enemy-2-hammer
  • zero
  • enemy-1

Movement: event is “You Lucky…”, moving north.

Nobody is visible.

Turn 5

That event has to be to the south, as nobody’s adjacent to the sniper.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Stealth checks for Bruno and Sapper:
d6: 2
d6: 6

Well, poot.

The alarm is now on for the rest of the terrain.

Sapper can close-combat that élite, and probably should. Bruno will want to vanish somewhere. (I was wondering about wall-hopping west with TNT, though that’s another stealth check of course.)

I can use the Sniper’s ability to try to take out the enemy on your tile, to save you an AP, if you’d like. Bruno should probably wall hop with TNT and depending on his stealth roll either plant and risk being spotted by reinforcements, or maybe hop S to be safe, though he’ll be a bit stuck there.
Sapper can shoot N, hopefully take out everyone, then move N, plant, move S. This would leave the Sapper visible. Can we blow the charges after reinforcements appear, but before they act?

EDIT: Bruno could also move to join the Sniper, which would put him back in stealth and out of reach of moving enemies. Once the large tile blows, its going to get pretty occupied as the enemies move our way, and Bruno would be a big help clearing it out.

We can do it between phases, but not within phases.

So the enemy reinforcement phase is indivisible: all enemies arrive, anyone in the same space as them makes stealth checks. Then there’s a phase gap when the charge could be set off. Then there’s the enemy movement phase.

Perfect. Reinforcements appear at the N entrance, then get blown up before they can move S to the Sapper. Assuming Sapper moves in to plant and is visible at that time, that is.

Bruno takes the TNT, tries moving W (2), stealth check

@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 6

Oh, well, shoot the guard in here.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 4, 6

OK, Bruno is in the W medium room, and there’s a drop to collect.

@COMaestro asked for a die roll:
Sniper will shoot the enemy on the Sapper’s tile.

2d6: 2 + 2 = 4