V-Commandos: Starter [Dec 2020]

@COMaestro asked for a die roll:
Shoot again

2d6: 6 + 1 = 7

6 takes him out. Sapper is clear, and Sniper used her +1.

With a 6, Bruno passed that stealth check (you’re spotted on a 1-2), so he is stealthy in the W entrance room. He has one action left, with which he could close-combat the guard (but two reinforcements will be arriving), plant a charge, or wall-hop south to safety. @JGD please confirm which option.

The Ă©lite in south-central drops a crowbar, which goes in the sapper’s pocket. (I mean, it’s not another stick of TNT, but it’s better than nothing.)

Sapper currently has two plans I can see:

① machine-gun large room, move E and save.
② N, plant charge, S stealthily; at which point he takes 4 dice of 2+ fire and we don’t yet have a first aid kit.

I’ll wait for Bruno’s confirmation.

Hop south, aiming to come back shortly.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
OK, lacking a dead guard and a first aid drop (which was unlikely) I think Sapper’s going to go for plan 1.

3d6: 5 + 1 + 1 = 7 for 2+

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Only one is hit, but he drops a first aid kit! Hmm!

No, it doesn’t work. Blowing up the large tile frees up the bunch at top left.

But if I go E to hide, then save, I’ll still have to pass two stealth checks for the current E edge guards plus two more.

And I have to move somewhere, because I’m currently visible having shot. Eh, E and save.

Reinforcements:

• enemy-1
    enemy-2
  • enemy-2
    enemy-1-hammer
  • enemy-1
    enemy-1
  • enemy-1
    zero
    Enemies move W. Stealth checks for Sapper.
    2d6: 4 + 5 = 9

Sapper is unspotted! (Immaculate, even.)

Turn 6

The large tile is getting pretty messy.

Sniper will pick up the MMP40 in her tile and shoot S.

2d6: 4 + 5 = 9

Nice, got both. Waiting to see the drops.

If someone can spare an action to pull the lights, Bruno can go N, plant, S, detonate. That removes the W entrance, I think? That will cut down on guards appearing.

I can pull the light, but I will still be visible though unless I move S, which will risk me being spotted when the incoming reinforcements move.

Drops from the sniper’s shooting are Crowbar and First Aid kit, which I find promising. Sniper is visible, having spent one action.

When a tile is destroyed the special rules say “flip to outdoor”. In general:

A TNT charge that blows up automatically eliminates all tokens
from the tile hit by the explosion, except for trap door, alarm,
door and nest tokens. Trap doors and triangular tokens stay in
place.

I think that an “enemy entrance” is not the same thing as a “door”! So you might indeed say that it would have that effect. But I think I’ll ask on BGG about it.

That first aid kit offers a new possibility for Sapper: W becoming visible, N still visible, (plant charge), S probably getting badly shot up. Then, hmm. Sniper would have to eliminate those two, plus reinforcements, get to the S tile and medic - I don’t think that’s practical.

So Sapper could instead move N, get crowbar, stealthily E, block entrance - worth it?

Could be. I should finish my turn first. What we could do instead is I move S and shoot at the troops on your tile, hopefully taking them both out. If so, you could move N, get crowbar, move E and become visible, block door and use your +1 to pull the fuse for Bruno. With no enemies in this area, we would both be okay. If an enemy survives my attack, we have the medkit.

Seems viable. I’d really like to CC twice since one doesn’t often get the chance, but then I wouldn’t be able to get the crowbar.

Here’s where we are right now:

Overnight consensus on BGG is that the explosion won’t destroy the enemy entrance - it’s just too convenient!

Since the reinforcement points are supposed to be trucks dropping off enemies, it makes sense (though that’s a LOT of trucks coming in constantly).

Okay, I’m going to go ahead and move S and shoot.

2d6: 5 + 3 = 8

Well, I got one. I am out of actions.

Drops: enemy uniform.

I think my best bet is to CC the one who’s left [1], don uniform [1], move E [1], block entrance with crowbar [+1].

He drops a spotted token - no effect.

@JGD over to you.

Would it be better to ignore the uniform for now and do the fuse pull for Bruno? I’m visible, so enemies will move this way anyway, but both of us are out of range to be shot at, and we will become stealthy again when we move to a small tile next turn.

If any enemies get in through the south entrance this turn, they’ll move a tile E (towards you, because you’re visible), and will be able to shoot you. (Which I only realised after you’d acted.) So I’d like to be in a position to first-aid you.

Don’t they need more than 4 to break through? Or am I misremembering the rules?