V-Commandos: Starter [Dec 2020]

Drops: crowbar.

Movement: “All is Quiet/Sniper”, thus E.

No enemy fire.

Turn 3

Sapper would obviously like to go S [1], plant [0], N [1]. Ideally, set off the charge after this turn’s enemy reinforcements. It would be nice if that enemy were killed first, though it might be a higher priority to shoot the alarm guard.

Bruno will try some shooting. North at the alarm guard:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 6, 6

That’s dealt with him, now South:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 5, 3

And him. Save my third action.

OK, that gets you back the +1 you spent for the emergency shooting last turn.

Both drops are MP40s.

Sapper does S [1], plant [0], N [1]. Might as well bring back the MP40 in case Sniper wants a backup.

@COMaestro over to you.

I can see some things that look like pieces of a plan, but I can’t fit them together.

• The ways into the big room are wall-hopping, or its door to the south medium tile.
  • Blocking the South entrance seems like a good idea, and there’s a crowbar nearby.
  • Bruno could get onto the south medium tile by going S and wall-hopping W.
  • A grenade into the big room looks like a fine idea.
  • Can we shut off the alarm after an explosion?

We can indeed shut off the alarm, once.

Sniper moves E, picks up crowbar, returns W.

So Bruno is thinking of wall hopping before we blow the currently rigged room? After it blows, it will just be an outdoor tile that anyone can move through.

I can hang back to disable the alarm, and shoot at any outdoor enemy before I do with my ability.

Bruno’s plan for next turn is this:

• I’m assuming that the medium south tile will be clear, since the enemies will move N into the big room.
  • Take the grenade and the crowbar, move S, wall-hop W (2), block the entrance.

You guys blow the small room, turn off the alarm and join me. Then we attack the big room. How’s that?

It would help if the sniper moved N to the alarm this turn, with your third action point, preserving your +1.

Do you mean wall-hop W (i.e. into the south entrance tile)? Seems good to me.

I do - I keep mixing up E and W for some reason.

OK. Got the first two sniper moves (E, (pick up crowbar), W); @COMaestro do you want to move N with the third AP, ready to hit the alarm?

Yes, I will do that

OK.

Reinforcements:

• enemy-3
  • enemy-2
  • enemy-2
  • enemy-2

Enemies move N. No visible commandos.

Turn 4

(There are two specials in the enemy bag right now.)

My understanding:

1. Bruno takes grenade and crowbar, S [1], W [2], blocks S entrance [+1].
  2. Detonate first objective.
  3. Sniper turns off alarm, S [1], S [1], W [1+1]
  4. Sapper moves S [1], W [2], throws grenade N [+1]

We’re vulnerable if the random enemy movement is S, so there may be a better way of doing this.

Sapper should go before the Sniper, so the alarm from the grenade gets cancelled too.

Out of curiosity, once that room explodes and flips to its outdoor side, where do enemies from the E entrance go if they move W?

I was tempted to stay on this side until the large tile gets blown up and hold off the reinforcements from this side. I think between the grenade and two shots from Bruno, the room will be clear enough for the Sapper to go in and plant the charges safely. Since the alarm will go off then anyway, it’s only 3 actions for the Sapper: in, plant, out, then blow it up.

When there’s a choice of tiles for enemies to go to, the players can distribute them as they like, but as evenly as possible. So if it’s just one, we choose; if it’s two, we choose which one goes where but it must be one to the N tile and one to the S.

Two, actually, as planting and blowing up are both free. I’ll move Sniper to the end of the list and then you can look at the situation post-grenade to decide what to do.

1 Like